Coughing kitten.

Breed: mixed
I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible chest rattle/cough. No nasal discharge, no sneezing. No eye discharge. Temp is elevated.

We have been hand feeding since age 12 days and up til now, doing great. SPCA was full-up, so we took him and his brother in...temporarily

I put him on clavamox and we also administered a shot of long lasting Pen G yesterday. He will only eat a few bites of A/D..and I CAN dropper feed him pedialyte to maintain liquid. I am worried about pneumonia. I don't know what else to do

Sorry to hear that your kitten is not doing well.

The most common reason for a young kitten to have respiratory signs is an upper respiratory tract virus. However, we usually will see nasal discharge and sneezing and eye discharge as well.

It definitely is possible that there is pneumonia present. However, this is usually the result of secondary infection following an upper respiratory tract virus.

I'm concerned that perhaps this may be a congenital heart problem.

Some parasites can cause coughing in kittens but it shouldn't be this severe.

It sounds like this kitten really needs to see a vet to determine what is going on.

Unfortunately I am not legally able to advise you on administration of medication online.

I wish I could give you more help but I really think this little one needs to see a vet as soon as possible.

Chronic and acute kidney disease. My dog is a 3 and half year old toy poodle. About 3 month before, he was diagnosed... (8725 views)

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (8178 views)

Diabetic cat problems. I have a diabetic cat who gets 4ml ProZinc 2x per day with meals. Normally she is... (6424 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (18758 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (8738 views)

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (6586 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (15383 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (34477 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (30804 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (13932 views)