Coughing kitten.

Breed: mixed
I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible chest rattle/cough. No nasal discharge, no sneezing. No eye discharge. Temp is elevated.

We have been hand feeding since age 12 days and up til now, doing great. SPCA was full-up, so we took him and his brother in...temporarily

I put him on clavamox and we also administered a shot of long lasting Pen G yesterday. He will only eat a few bites of A/D..and I CAN dropper feed him pedialyte to maintain liquid. I am worried about pneumonia. I don't know what else to do

Sorry to hear that your kitten is not doing well.

The most common reason for a young kitten to have respiratory signs is an upper respiratory tract virus. However, we usually will see nasal discharge and sneezing and eye discharge as well.

It definitely is possible that there is pneumonia present. However, this is usually the result of secondary infection following an upper respiratory tract virus.

I'm concerned that perhaps this may be a congenital heart problem.

Some parasites can cause coughing in kittens but it shouldn't be this severe.

It sounds like this kitten really needs to see a vet to determine what is going on.

Unfortunately I am not legally able to advise you on administration of medication online.

I wish I could give you more help but I really think this little one needs to see a vet as soon as possible.

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (97892 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (8646 views)

Panting after insulin. My 6 year old dog was Diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago. Having some trouble... (48449 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (13688 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (196340 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (84387 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (8896 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (11788 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (23542 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (11559 views)