Coughing kitten.

Breed: mixed
I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible chest rattle/cough. No nasal discharge, no sneezing. No eye discharge. Temp is elevated.

We have been hand feeding since age 12 days and up til now, doing great. SPCA was full-up, so we took him and his brother in...temporarily

I put him on clavamox and we also administered a shot of long lasting Pen G yesterday. He will only eat a few bites of A/D..and I CAN dropper feed him pedialyte to maintain liquid. I am worried about pneumonia. I don't know what else to do

Sorry to hear that your kitten is not doing well.

The most common reason for a young kitten to have respiratory signs is an upper respiratory tract virus. However, we usually will see nasal discharge and sneezing and eye discharge as well.

It definitely is possible that there is pneumonia present. However, this is usually the result of secondary infection following an upper respiratory tract virus.

I'm concerned that perhaps this may be a congenital heart problem.

Some parasites can cause coughing in kittens but it shouldn't be this severe.

It sounds like this kitten really needs to see a vet to determine what is going on.

Unfortunately I am not legally able to advise you on administration of medication online.

I wish I could give you more help but I really think this little one needs to see a vet as soon as possible.

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (10709 views)

Diarrhea and increased appetite. We found a cat that we have decided to keep. We have had all his shots, Neutered and... (7682 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (22415 views)

Ivermectin toxicity in a cat. My kitten and I live in Democractic Republic of Congo. Today, a vet administered an... (16266 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (11206 views)

Does my dog have rabies? How likely in your experience will my puppy get rabies if one of her litter mates... (10892 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (19686 views)

Problems after ear cleaning. I took my cat to the vet about three weeks ago to his ears flushed out because he... (14784 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (9229 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (11882 views)