Swelling on ear.

Breed: Beagle
My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post on this website from 2/9/11. Is this something that will most likely go away or should I be concerned and make a vet appointment? It doesn't seem to bother him, even when I touch it he doesn't seem to mind. It is skin colored and about the size of an eraser tip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

~Jen

I'm wondering if what you are describing is an aural hematoma?

I've written an article about these which you can read here:

Aural Hematomas in dogs.

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (5835 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (5562 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (39225 views)

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (10221 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (14867 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (17329 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (4572 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (5296 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (8204 views)

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (12078 views)