Swelling on ear.

Breed: Beagle
My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post on this website from 2/9/11. Is this something that will most likely go away or should I be concerned and make a vet appointment? It doesn't seem to bother him, even when I touch it he doesn't seem to mind. It is skin colored and about the size of an eraser tip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

~Jen

I'm wondering if what you are describing is an aural hematoma?

I've written an article about these which you can read here:

Aural Hematomas in dogs.

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (70897 views)

Puppy Strangles. litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (8027 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (43115 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (19328 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (15266 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (10448 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (32094 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (16232 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (14268 views)

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (18516 views)