Swelling on ear.

Breed: Beagle
My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post on this website from 2/9/11. Is this something that will most likely go away or should I be concerned and make a vet appointment? It doesn't seem to bother him, even when I touch it he doesn't seem to mind. It is skin colored and about the size of an eraser tip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

~Jen

I'm wondering if what you are describing is an aural hematoma?

I've written an article about these which you can read here:

Aural Hematomas in dogs.

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (9169 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (8913 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (25091 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (15647 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (12981 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (7151 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (16372 views)

Cataracts, thirst and lethargy. Hi Dr Marie, I am writing for reasons of my pug that I have just been informed... (10475 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (8636 views)

Dog biting bas of tail, but no fleas. Hi, I have an otherwise healthy chihuahua who has always been a foot chewer but has... (254088 views)