Swelling on ear.

Breed: Beagle
My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post on this website from 2/9/11. Is this something that will most likely go away or should I be concerned and make a vet appointment? It doesn't seem to bother him, even when I touch it he doesn't seem to mind. It is skin colored and about the size of an eraser tip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

~Jen

I'm wondering if what you are describing is an aural hematoma?

I've written an article about these which you can read here:

Aural Hematomas in dogs.

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (10012 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (8812 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (6874 views)

White blisters in cat's ears. My cat has a number of small white "blisters" on her ears. She repeatedly scratches... (10059 views)

Horrible euthanasia experience Why was my pets euthanasia a nightmare? I brought my cat Jack in for euthanasia... (11571 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (20029 views)

Bassett hound neck pain, etc. Our dog Lola came to us as a stray about 3 yrs ago. She is about 7 years old and... (15425 views)

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (13962 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (28058 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (39085 views)