Swelling on ear.

Breed: Beagle
My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post on this website from 2/9/11. Is this something that will most likely go away or should I be concerned and make a vet appointment? It doesn't seem to bother him, even when I touch it he doesn't seem to mind. It is skin colored and about the size of an eraser tip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

~Jen

I'm wondering if what you are describing is an aural hematoma?

I've written an article about these which you can read here:

Aural Hematomas in dogs.

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (31561 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (15585 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (7422 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (14023 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (9464 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (7668 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (10844 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (113947 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (19319 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (10223 views)