Swelling on ear.

Breed: Beagle
My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post on this website from 2/9/11. Is this something that will most likely go away or should I be concerned and make a vet appointment? It doesn't seem to bother him, even when I touch it he doesn't seem to mind. It is skin colored and about the size of an eraser tip. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

~Jen

I'm wondering if what you are describing is an aural hematoma?

I've written an article about these which you can read here:

Aural Hematomas in dogs.

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (10873 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (7637 views)

Black spot on dog's nose. Hi my name is Joanne I noticed about a week ago my 8 year old lab had a small black... (22700 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (8982 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (33103 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (14155 views)

Bald spot on cat's back. My friend's 1 1/2 yr. old cat has been losing the hair from it's tail for about 10... (39371 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (19969 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (5726 views)

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (9401 views)