Kittens nursing on cat's penis.

Breed: don't know
i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten formula the problem I'm having one of the females keeps nursing on the males penis I can't get her to stop and the poor male cries all the time when he tries to sit he can hardly walk his penis is so red and sore it looks like she chewed it off. What can I do to help the male he looks so frazzle and miserable and week. can I put a diaper on him to keep her from attacking him? Should I put some sauve or something. Please advise me. Thank you in advance. Lynn

Oh my. I don't think I have ever heard of this happening before.

Obviously you will need to keep the kittens from the male cat. That may mean locking the kittens or the male cat in a room for a while.

Have you seen them actually trying to nurse off of him? The reason that I am asking is that quite often when a cat's penis looks inflamed it is because of a serious urinary tract problem.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look at him. If he is really inflamed in his penis (whether it is from nursing or from a urinary tract problem) this could be quite harmful. Your vet can prescribe medications to help with the inflammation and also any infection that could be present.

There is no home treatment that I would recommend for him.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

White spot on eyelid. King (3 years old) as far back as I can remember has had a tiny area (1/8 inch) on... (26837 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (8371 views)

Staggering Rottweiler I have a nine month old female rottweiler mix. She is eating nutro max dog food. She... (9080 views)

pain after root canal Had major teeth work performed about 3 months ago as we noticed her breath and she... (7342 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (7391 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (13935 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (72649 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (38484 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (17502 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (7589 views)