Kittens nursing on cat's penis.

Breed: don't know
i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten formula the problem I'm having one of the females keeps nursing on the males penis I can't get her to stop and the poor male cries all the time when he tries to sit he can hardly walk his penis is so red and sore it looks like she chewed it off. What can I do to help the male he looks so frazzle and miserable and week. can I put a diaper on him to keep her from attacking him? Should I put some sauve or something. Please advise me. Thank you in advance. Lynn

Oh my. I don't think I have ever heard of this happening before.

Obviously you will need to keep the kittens from the male cat. That may mean locking the kittens or the male cat in a room for a while.

Have you seen them actually trying to nurse off of him? The reason that I am asking is that quite often when a cat's penis looks inflamed it is because of a serious urinary tract problem.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look at him. If he is really inflamed in his penis (whether it is from nursing or from a urinary tract problem) this could be quite harmful. Your vet can prescribe medications to help with the inflammation and also any infection that could be present.

There is no home treatment that I would recommend for him.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (63636 views)

Previous leg injury. Dear Dr Marie, Recently I've taken in a rescued Greyhound. I immediately noticed,... (14760 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (75262 views)

Questions from a student? I have a grade 6 student doing a research project on Veteranarians. Could she use... (7267 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (7414 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (13420 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (10359 views)

Chihuahuas with parvo My three puppies are sick i believe they all have parvo. Here are my reasons 1).The... (10770 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (16149 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (14201 views)