Kittens nursing on cat's penis.

Breed: don't know
i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten formula the problem I'm having one of the females keeps nursing on the males penis I can't get her to stop and the poor male cries all the time when he tries to sit he can hardly walk his penis is so red and sore it looks like she chewed it off. What can I do to help the male he looks so frazzle and miserable and week. can I put a diaper on him to keep her from attacking him? Should I put some sauve or something. Please advise me. Thank you in advance. Lynn

Oh my. I don't think I have ever heard of this happening before.

Obviously you will need to keep the kittens from the male cat. That may mean locking the kittens or the male cat in a room for a while.

Have you seen them actually trying to nurse off of him? The reason that I am asking is that quite often when a cat's penis looks inflamed it is because of a serious urinary tract problem.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look at him. If he is really inflamed in his penis (whether it is from nursing or from a urinary tract problem) this could be quite harmful. Your vet can prescribe medications to help with the inflammation and also any infection that could be present.

There is no home treatment that I would recommend for him.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (8428 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (10844 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (24867 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (10094 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (7416 views)

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (8549 views)

Megacolon cat with problems. Addie was diagnosed with megacolon at age 2. The vet prescribed medications - I... (9318 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (111408 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (10653 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (11015 views)