Kittens nursing on cat's penis.

Breed: don't know
i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten formula the problem I'm having one of the females keeps nursing on the males penis I can't get her to stop and the poor male cries all the time when he tries to sit he can hardly walk his penis is so red and sore it looks like she chewed it off. What can I do to help the male he looks so frazzle and miserable and week. can I put a diaper on him to keep her from attacking him? Should I put some sauve or something. Please advise me. Thank you in advance. Lynn

Oh my. I don't think I have ever heard of this happening before.

Obviously you will need to keep the kittens from the male cat. That may mean locking the kittens or the male cat in a room for a while.

Have you seen them actually trying to nurse off of him? The reason that I am asking is that quite often when a cat's penis looks inflamed it is because of a serious urinary tract problem.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look at him. If he is really inflamed in his penis (whether it is from nursing or from a urinary tract problem) this could be quite harmful. Your vet can prescribe medications to help with the inflammation and also any infection that could be present.

There is no home treatment that I would recommend for him.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (13245 views)

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (19038 views)

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (28182 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (15967 views)

Hamster biting leg Hi Iam a newbe to the whole dwaf hamster thing so I have this six week year old... (16471 views)

Swollen face after tooth removal. Two months ago, Chuck (our elderly dog who's become more and more aggressive when... (28599 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (22903 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (15058 views)

Puffy cat ear. Dr. Marie, my cat Dexter has developed some type of a bump on his right ear. It's... (29848 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (32991 views)