Kittens nursing on cat's penis.

Breed: don't know
i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten formula the problem I'm having one of the females keeps nursing on the males penis I can't get her to stop and the poor male cries all the time when he tries to sit he can hardly walk his penis is so red and sore it looks like she chewed it off. What can I do to help the male he looks so frazzle and miserable and week. can I put a diaper on him to keep her from attacking him? Should I put some sauve or something. Please advise me. Thank you in advance. Lynn

Oh my. I don't think I have ever heard of this happening before.

Obviously you will need to keep the kittens from the male cat. That may mean locking the kittens or the male cat in a room for a while.

Have you seen them actually trying to nurse off of him? The reason that I am asking is that quite often when a cat's penis looks inflamed it is because of a serious urinary tract problem.

I would highly advise having your vet take a look at him. If he is really inflamed in his penis (whether it is from nursing or from a urinary tract problem) this could be quite harmful. Your vet can prescribe medications to help with the inflammation and also any infection that could be present.

There is no home treatment that I would recommend for him.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (26673 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7062 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (6964 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (9858 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (8214 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (27001 views)

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (5543 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4433 views)

Swollen ankle in my dog. My Labrador has the right back leg ankle joint bigger than his left one. 15 days ago... (8691 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7873 views)