Recipe for skunk odor.

Breed: Tabby
My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the smell.

Oh, not fun! I have had this happen to my animals several times!

By far the best thing for skunk odor is one of the commercial products that you can buy at the pet store or at the vet's office. However, often this happens at night time when everything is closed.

Here is a recipe that works quite well:

-1 quart (4 cups) hydrogen peroxide
-1/4 cup baking soda
-1-2 tsp liquid dishsoap
-as much water as is necessary to soak the cat or dog.

Bathe the cat in this mixture and if possible let it stay on her for 5 minutes. Then, rinse her off. You want to be sure that none gets in her eyes.

Even with a good bath you will likely notice the smell periodically over the next few months, especially if she gets wet.

As a final note, do not use tomato juice! I see people do this all the time and all it does is make a big mess! It does not work.

I really hope the smell goes away soon!

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (20398 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (38081 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (5644 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (8452 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (6580 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (7340 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (3850 views)

Recall on Hill's food? My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of... (3736 views)

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (3457 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (12087 views)