Recipe for skunk odor.

Breed: Tabby
My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the smell.

Oh, not fun! I have had this happen to my animals several times!

By far the best thing for skunk odor is one of the commercial products that you can buy at the pet store or at the vet's office. However, often this happens at night time when everything is closed.

Here is a recipe that works quite well:

-1 quart (4 cups) hydrogen peroxide
-1/4 cup baking soda
-1-2 tsp liquid dishsoap
-as much water as is necessary to soak the cat or dog.

Bathe the cat in this mixture and if possible let it stay on her for 5 minutes. Then, rinse her off. You want to be sure that none gets in her eyes.

Even with a good bath you will likely notice the smell periodically over the next few months, especially if she gets wet.

As a final note, do not use tomato juice! I see people do this all the time and all it does is make a big mess! It does not work.

I really hope the smell goes away soon!

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (5653 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (8104 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (26618 views)

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (11219 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (7838 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (9595 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (4920 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (11022 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (8904 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (54382 views)