Recipe for skunk odor.

Breed: Tabby
My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the smell.

Oh, not fun! I have had this happen to my animals several times!

By far the best thing for skunk odor is one of the commercial products that you can buy at the pet store or at the vet's office. However, often this happens at night time when everything is closed.

Here is a recipe that works quite well:

-1 quart (4 cups) hydrogen peroxide
-1/4 cup baking soda
-1-2 tsp liquid dishsoap
-as much water as is necessary to soak the cat or dog.

Bathe the cat in this mixture and if possible let it stay on her for 5 minutes. Then, rinse her off. You want to be sure that none gets in her eyes.

Even with a good bath you will likely notice the smell periodically over the next few months, especially if she gets wet.

As a final note, do not use tomato juice! I see people do this all the time and all it does is make a big mess! It does not work.

I really hope the smell goes away soon!

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (16595 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (6659 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (8870 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (3655 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (53302 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (14714 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (34169 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (6585 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (22259 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (29048 views)