Recipe for skunk odor.

Breed: Tabby
My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the smell.

Oh, not fun! I have had this happen to my animals several times!

By far the best thing for skunk odor is one of the commercial products that you can buy at the pet store or at the vet's office. However, often this happens at night time when everything is closed.

Here is a recipe that works quite well:

-1 quart (4 cups) hydrogen peroxide
-1/4 cup baking soda
-1-2 tsp liquid dishsoap
-as much water as is necessary to soak the cat or dog.

Bathe the cat in this mixture and if possible let it stay on her for 5 minutes. Then, rinse her off. You want to be sure that none gets in her eyes.

Even with a good bath you will likely notice the smell periodically over the next few months, especially if she gets wet.

As a final note, do not use tomato juice! I see people do this all the time and all it does is make a big mess! It does not work.

I really hope the smell goes away soon!

Increase in dog's thirst and urination. My dog has been acting fuuny the past few nights he wakes me up 2-3 times a night to... (7303 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (8092 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (2816 views)

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (22543 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (13758 views)

Lentigo? My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look... (7856 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (5733 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (4561 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (5471 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (9524 views)