Dog peeing on furniture

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and lifts his leg and goes on my bed or furniture. This is driving me nuts, what can be done.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

Is Skyler neutered? If not, then this is likely the answer to your problem. The testosterone in an un-neutered dog can make them pee on all sorts of things.

If he is neutered then I would highly advise having your vet check a urine sample to make sure there is no medical problem such as an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

If there is no medical problem then you can talk to your vet about behavioral modification medications such as clomicalm or amitriptyline.

If possible, restrict him from the areas where he is urinating.

I hope everything goes ok!

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (41950 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (8206 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (100231 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (7146 views)

Severe skin problems. My dog Leila started licking on 8/1/12. Her spots looked like hot spots on elbows... (6776 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (14985 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (20289 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (17073 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10305 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (31558 views)