Dog peeing on furniture

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and lifts his leg and goes on my bed or furniture. This is driving me nuts, what can be done.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

Is Skyler neutered? If not, then this is likely the answer to your problem. The testosterone in an un-neutered dog can make them pee on all sorts of things.

If he is neutered then I would highly advise having your vet check a urine sample to make sure there is no medical problem such as an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

If there is no medical problem then you can talk to your vet about behavioral modification medications such as clomicalm or amitriptyline.

If possible, restrict him from the areas where he is urinating.

I hope everything goes ok!

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (25608 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (8849 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (7979 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (82531 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (24449 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (20132 views)

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (20622 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (10286 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (16166 views)

Lifespan of a rat? What is the average lifespan of a rat? My rat is 3 years old and very healthy. Is... (7713 views)