Dog peeing on furniture

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and lifts his leg and goes on my bed or furniture. This is driving me nuts, what can be done.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

Is Skyler neutered? If not, then this is likely the answer to your problem. The testosterone in an un-neutered dog can make them pee on all sorts of things.

If he is neutered then I would highly advise having your vet check a urine sample to make sure there is no medical problem such as an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

If there is no medical problem then you can talk to your vet about behavioral modification medications such as clomicalm or amitriptyline.

If possible, restrict him from the areas where he is urinating.

I hope everything goes ok!

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (45015 views)

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (17629 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (61519 views)

Shaking, Limping dog. yest. my dog was laying down inside my garage later on i noticed that she was... (27566 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (9780 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (72993 views)

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (10708 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (18512 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (10089 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (22282 views)