Dog peeing on furniture

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and lifts his leg and goes on my bed or furniture. This is driving me nuts, what can be done.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

Is Skyler neutered? If not, then this is likely the answer to your problem. The testosterone in an un-neutered dog can make them pee on all sorts of things.

If he is neutered then I would highly advise having your vet check a urine sample to make sure there is no medical problem such as an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

If there is no medical problem then you can talk to your vet about behavioral modification medications such as clomicalm or amitriptyline.

If possible, restrict him from the areas where he is urinating.

I hope everything goes ok!

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (12289 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (46369 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (11576 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (18342 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (64115 views)

Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks? We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we... (9187 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (43910 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (10261 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (8005 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (7094 views)