Dog peeing on furniture

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and lifts his leg and goes on my bed or furniture. This is driving me nuts, what can be done.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

Is Skyler neutered? If not, then this is likely the answer to your problem. The testosterone in an un-neutered dog can make them pee on all sorts of things.

If he is neutered then I would highly advise having your vet check a urine sample to make sure there is no medical problem such as an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

If there is no medical problem then you can talk to your vet about behavioral modification medications such as clomicalm or amitriptyline.

If possible, restrict him from the areas where he is urinating.

I hope everything goes ok!

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (25541 views)

Black spot on Hamster's skin. my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a... (21306 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (9854 views)

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (7111 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (11772 views)

Did kitten have heatstroke. the other day i tried to rescue a stray kitten who was suffering from heat stroke,... (11856 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (31786 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (8244 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (47817 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (7499 views)