Dog peeing on furniture

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and lifts his leg and goes on my bed or furniture. This is driving me nuts, what can be done.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

Is Skyler neutered? If not, then this is likely the answer to your problem. The testosterone in an un-neutered dog can make them pee on all sorts of things.

If he is neutered then I would highly advise having your vet check a urine sample to make sure there is no medical problem such as an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

If there is no medical problem then you can talk to your vet about behavioral modification medications such as clomicalm or amitriptyline.

If possible, restrict him from the areas where he is urinating.

I hope everything goes ok!

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (22430 views)

Red sores on mouth. My dog has developed sores or bubbley looking things round her mouth. They get... (13515 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (41083 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (16179 views)

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (15053 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (4518 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (8042 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (20037 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (12124 views)

Ear mites? My cat has been scratching at it's ear and itching it. I think he has ear mites. I... (9046 views)