Dog peeing on furniture

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and lifts his leg and goes on my bed or furniture. This is driving me nuts, what can be done.

Hi there and thanks for your question.

Is Skyler neutered? If not, then this is likely the answer to your problem. The testosterone in an un-neutered dog can make them pee on all sorts of things.

If he is neutered then I would highly advise having your vet check a urine sample to make sure there is no medical problem such as an infection, crystals or bladder stones.

If there is no medical problem then you can talk to your vet about behavioral modification medications such as clomicalm or amitriptyline.

If possible, restrict him from the areas where he is urinating.

I hope everything goes ok!

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (6938 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (38526 views)

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (8552 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (25008 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (20654 views)

Should this tumor be removed? My neice's 8-month old cavoodle has a growth on his shoulder. When we first noticed... (12539 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (14549 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (8881 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (10834 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (18383 views)