Kitten diarrhea.

Breed: american shorthair
my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he doesnt want to drink. can you pls. help me on what to do. thanks.

Sorry to hear that Chubbs is having problems.

The symptoms you have described have me concerned. Kittens don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration so it is definitely a concern when they are this sick.

It is possible that he has a virus such as panleukopenia. This is very similar to parvo virus in dogs. Panleukopenia can be treated but generally needs IV fluid therapy at the vet's office.

The symptoms could also be because of parasites although it would have to be a large burden of parasites in order to be causing him to be this sick. You can try an over the counter Dewormer, however, it sounds like this little boy may need more than just dewormer to get better.

It is also possible that this is enteritis (upset intestines) because of something he has eaten. I will often prescribe metronidazole to animals to help with intestinal inflammation but this is a prescription that would need to be provided by a vet.

I would highly advise you have a vet look at Chubbs soon.

I hope he is ok!

Vomiting kitten My 4 month old kitten was fine 3 days ago, then she suddenly regurgitated her... (19237 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (8899 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (6209 views)

Why did my kitten die? I came home last night to find my kitten laying dead in her kennel. We rescued her... (13146 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (18868 views)

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (27838 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (8808 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (8349 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (7994 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (16995 views)