Kitten diarrhea.

Breed: american shorthair
my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he doesnt want to drink. can you pls. help me on what to do. thanks.

Sorry to hear that Chubbs is having problems.

The symptoms you have described have me concerned. Kittens don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration so it is definitely a concern when they are this sick.

It is possible that he has a virus such as panleukopenia. This is very similar to parvo virus in dogs. Panleukopenia can be treated but generally needs IV fluid therapy at the vet's office.

The symptoms could also be because of parasites although it would have to be a large burden of parasites in order to be causing him to be this sick. You can try an over the counter Dewormer, however, it sounds like this little boy may need more than just dewormer to get better.

It is also possible that this is enteritis (upset intestines) because of something he has eaten. I will often prescribe metronidazole to animals to help with intestinal inflammation but this is a prescription that would need to be provided by a vet.

I would highly advise you have a vet look at Chubbs soon.

I hope he is ok!

Tough upper respiratory infection. We picked up Indigo from a breeder on June 13th. He sneezed occasionally throughout... (28877 views)

Vomiting undigested food. My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do... (13579 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (25778 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (20760 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (17800 views)

Swollen dog testicles. can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is... (36843 views)

Sore head from bow. Hello, My dog got her bow caught and it ripped the hair out of the top of her head.... (7522 views)

Vomiting dog. Our vet has told us that Lola won't digest all her food and empty her stomach in the... (8042 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (7775 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (14673 views)