Kitten diarrhea.

Breed: american shorthair
my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he doesnt want to drink. can you pls. help me on what to do. thanks.

Sorry to hear that Chubbs is having problems.

The symptoms you have described have me concerned. Kittens don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration so it is definitely a concern when they are this sick.

It is possible that he has a virus such as panleukopenia. This is very similar to parvo virus in dogs. Panleukopenia can be treated but generally needs IV fluid therapy at the vet's office.

The symptoms could also be because of parasites although it would have to be a large burden of parasites in order to be causing him to be this sick. You can try an over the counter Dewormer, however, it sounds like this little boy may need more than just dewormer to get better.

It is also possible that this is enteritis (upset intestines) because of something he has eaten. I will often prescribe metronidazole to animals to help with intestinal inflammation but this is a prescription that would need to be provided by a vet.

I would highly advise you have a vet look at Chubbs soon.

I hope he is ok!

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (13151 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (16959 views)

Not eating, panting. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs all together. Daisy is the alpha of the group.... (17075 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (36229 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (27753 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (16662 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (158271 views)

Achilles tendon problems in cat. Chloe recently started walking with her heel down to the ground on the right side(2... (13641 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (9832 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (10468 views)