Kitten diarrhea.

Breed: american shorthair
my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he doesnt want to drink. can you pls. help me on what to do. thanks.

Sorry to hear that Chubbs is having problems.

The symptoms you have described have me concerned. Kittens don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration so it is definitely a concern when they are this sick.

It is possible that he has a virus such as panleukopenia. This is very similar to parvo virus in dogs. Panleukopenia can be treated but generally needs IV fluid therapy at the vet's office.

The symptoms could also be because of parasites although it would have to be a large burden of parasites in order to be causing him to be this sick. You can try an over the counter Dewormer, however, it sounds like this little boy may need more than just dewormer to get better.

It is also possible that this is enteritis (upset intestines) because of something he has eaten. I will often prescribe metronidazole to animals to help with intestinal inflammation but this is a prescription that would need to be provided by a vet.

I would highly advise you have a vet look at Chubbs soon.

I hope he is ok!

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (9186 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (47202 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (6977 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (7927 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (37469 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (18261 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (4513 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (12742 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (11132 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (5197 views)