Too young for euthanasia?

Breed: short-hair
Is there an age too young for euthanization?

That's an unusual question. I would not ever base my decision on whether or not to euthanize on an animal's age. No matter what the age, if an animal was sick and could not be made better then euthanasia has to be an option.

If, for example, a 6 week old puppy had parvo virus and was not responding to treatment, then euthanasia would be acceptable.

Let me know if you had a more specific question. It sounds like there is more story to know here.

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (5471 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (32405 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (218495 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (9724 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (7688 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (6003 views)

Pain in stomatitis after extractions. 9 year old cat has stomatitis. She is NOT FIV positive. She has had all her teeth... (16171 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (13109 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (9637 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (12986 views)