Too young for euthanasia?

Breed: short-hair
Is there an age too young for euthanization?

That's an unusual question. I would not ever base my decision on whether or not to euthanize on an animal's age. No matter what the age, if an animal was sick and could not be made better then euthanasia has to be an option.

If, for example, a 6 week old puppy had parvo virus and was not responding to treatment, then euthanasia would be acceptable.

Let me know if you had a more specific question. It sounds like there is more story to know here.

Lance abscess? My dog was was in a fight with my roomates dog. He healed up and was himself a few... (11773 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (5775 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (23719 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (19373 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (12109 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (11392 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (9435 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (13608 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (11168 views)

Reduce allergies to cats. I'm allergic to cats but I would love to have one. I've recently heard that there is... (8104 views)