Too young for euthanasia?

Breed: short-hair
Is there an age too young for euthanization?

That's an unusual question. I would not ever base my decision on whether or not to euthanize on an animal's age. No matter what the age, if an animal was sick and could not be made better then euthanasia has to be an option.

If, for example, a 6 week old puppy had parvo virus and was not responding to treatment, then euthanasia would be acceptable.

Let me know if you had a more specific question. It sounds like there is more story to know here.

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (8637 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (9009 views)

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (18595 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (10224 views)

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (21537 views)

Blood in urine after neuter. My dog was neutered 2 days ago. When he pees now there is small traces of blood in... (31386 views)

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (8367 views)

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (15615 views)

Spinal cord lymphoma Hello Dr. Marie, Our angel puppy Oreo passed away last night. We decided to move... (11561 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (14522 views)