Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (20904 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (12298 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (7299 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (17178 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (21043 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (21775 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (7908 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (13843 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (15425 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (15883 views)