Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (5754 views)

Puppy is very hyper. Gracey was born on July 6th..so she will be six months soon. We have had dogs all... (5222 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (7537 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (7732 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (15512 views)

Puppy has 6-8 bowel movements per day. My 7 month old dog has 6 - 8 bowel movements per day. Most are well formed, some... (11009 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (6181 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (2975 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (4521 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (7265 views)