Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (8654 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (8856 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (8107 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (5725 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (3896 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (17419 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (4144 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (5604 views)

Dog leaking urine when sleeping. My dog is leaking urine when she is sleeping. She pees on the bed or on the couch. ... (104026 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (7903 views)