Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Aggressive cat. I have had 2 cats same amount of time. Julia has started hissing, growling, and... (6958 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (19606 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (13020 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (5275 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (21742 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (7984 views)

How often to vaccinate for parvo. Hi How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo? She was vaccinated May... (34353 views)

Poodle with leg problems. My dog is a small size poodle. she is now 2 years old when she turned 1 she started... (6291 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (7246 views)

Chlamydia contagious? Can dogs get chlamydia? I encountered information regarding oral chlamydia&don't... (8380 views)