Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (15284 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (10558 views)

Is this dog cryptorchid? Jupiter is 71/2 months old. At 8 weeks vet noted both testicles desended. At 5... (21715 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (7809 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (72341 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (18400 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (11073 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (12549 views)

When can my dog see other dogs? How long before my dog can be around people that own dogs? He gets his first set of... (8736 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (47819 views)