Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5158 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (12783 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (12359 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (17504 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (16083 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (4945 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (9501 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (7527 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (9327 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (36551 views)