Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (5309 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (9849 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (13007 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16996 views)

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (7511 views)

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (6172 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (28774 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (11602 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (33769 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (11509 views)