Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (41137 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (26644 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (19514 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (11767 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (29101 views)

Kitten can't hold head up. I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week... (15506 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (26112 views)

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (13746 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (10652 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (23730 views)