Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Vet care discount for seniors. My cat vomited today(29.10.10) and she is in a quite bad mood, i want to get a check... (13425 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is 17 years old. She has had kidney disease for five years. I have multiple... (25670 views)

UTI and straining. I have a feral cat that hangs around my workplace. I have had him neutered. He also... (16986 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (9415 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (7083 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (10776 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (11314 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (19760 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (11723 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (141281 views)