Not chewing his food.

Breed: Shitzu poodle mix
I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think his teeth hurt... But I'm not sure. So why do you think he isn't chewing?

It is really common for shih tzus or poodles to have dental problems. It wouldn't surprise me if Cooper has a dental infection. Unfortunately, if this is the case then he will need to have a dental cleaning and some extractions done under an anesthetic.

There are other possibilities that are less likely such as nerve damage to his face, or some type of foreign object in his mouth.

In any case it sounds like he will need to see a veterinarian in order to get this cleared up.

I hope he is ok!

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (11102 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (8528 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (7045 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (9214 views)

Sick after having puppies. My fathers hunting dog just had 6 puppies over a matter of 2 days, She is an old dog... (10121 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (7649 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (14846 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (4057 views)

Increased thirst and urination. Hi Dr. Marie, This question concerns crystals in urine. Starting about 1 week... (3658 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (39360 views)