Persistent hymen in dog.

Breed: German Sheperd
Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown flesh inside the vagina which restricts the penis to enter at correct spot & further semination. i want to breed her in next heat. will you please guide me to a solution?

What you are describing may be something called a persistent hymen or a vaginal band. Either of these defects can interfere with the male being able to penetrate properly.

The good news is that this is treatable. But the bad news is that it will require surgery in order to be fixed.

This is a surgery that not all vets will be familiar with so you may possibly need to have a referral to a surgical specialist to resolve the problem.

Thankyou Madam for your valuable reply.i've tried to breed her with many males.during the last 3 heat the problem was same.i'm basically from India,state-kerala,city-kochi. Madam can you please tell me the name of surgery & by giving what medicine i can cure her.

You're very welcome. It's hard to say exactly what the surgery would be called. If you were looking for the name so that you can ask your vet about it we are basically looking at doing surgery to remove a persistent hymen. Or, something called a vaginoplasty which is to change the architecture of the vagina.

There is no medicine that will cure this condition, only surgery.

It is best to have a vet examine her to determine what the problem is and see if they think they can repair it with surgery.

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (8730 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10665 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (7088 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (14866 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (11941 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (30984 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (19420 views)

Dog biting his own penis. I have 2 foster brothers who had been severely abused when I took them in. (Broken... (69716 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (12123 views)

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (11526 views)