Persistent hymen in dog.

Breed: German Sheperd
Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown flesh inside the vagina which restricts the penis to enter at correct spot & further semination. i want to breed her in next heat. will you please guide me to a solution?

What you are describing may be something called a persistent hymen or a vaginal band. Either of these defects can interfere with the male being able to penetrate properly.

The good news is that this is treatable. But the bad news is that it will require surgery in order to be fixed.

This is a surgery that not all vets will be familiar with so you may possibly need to have a referral to a surgical specialist to resolve the problem.

Thankyou Madam for your valuable reply.i've tried to breed her with many males.during the last 3 heat the problem was same.i'm basically from India,state-kerala,city-kochi. Madam can you please tell me the name of surgery & by giving what medicine i can cure her.

You're very welcome. It's hard to say exactly what the surgery would be called. If you were looking for the name so that you can ask your vet about it we are basically looking at doing surgery to remove a persistent hymen. Or, something called a vaginoplasty which is to change the architecture of the vagina.

There is no medicine that will cure this condition, only surgery.

It is best to have a vet examine her to determine what the problem is and see if they think they can repair it with surgery.

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (9847 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (13674 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (6542 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (10190 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (19342 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (41090 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (11669 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (15951 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (12308 views)

Pregnant cat in heat? I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being...... (15935 views)