Blood in urine

Breed: domestic shorthaired
My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is urinating on my dogs bed. I can't afford a trip to the vets till i get paid please help?

A red tinge to a cat's urine is always a concern. It will almost always mean that there is blood in the urine.

There are many possible causes for blood in the urine. Some cats can get a condition called interstitial cystitis which is inflammation in the bladder. This condition can usually be treated easily with medication.

The more serious possibility is if he has crystals in his urine. Crystals can very easily lead to a urethral blockage. It is much easier to treat crystals before there is a blockage. If there is a blockage then this is a life threatening emergency.

An infection is also possible, although urinary tract infections are not that common in cats.

Please don't wait on this. Any cat with blood in the urine needs to be seen right away.

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (197461 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (47007 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (5531 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (38723 views)

Bump on roof of mouth. Hi I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've... (30812 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (7609 views)

Are brewers grains safe for dogs? Are brewers grains safe for dogs? My husband wants to buy some dog treats that are... (4449 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (10677 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (6839 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (12719 views)