Blood in urine

Breed: domestic shorthaired
My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is urinating on my dogs bed. I can't afford a trip to the vets till i get paid please help?

A red tinge to a cat's urine is always a concern. It will almost always mean that there is blood in the urine.

There are many possible causes for blood in the urine. Some cats can get a condition called interstitial cystitis which is inflammation in the bladder. This condition can usually be treated easily with medication.

The more serious possibility is if he has crystals in his urine. Crystals can very easily lead to a urethral blockage. It is much easier to treat crystals before there is a blockage. If there is a blockage then this is a life threatening emergency.

An infection is also possible, although urinary tract infections are not that common in cats.

Please don't wait on this. Any cat with blood in the urine needs to be seen right away.

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (14243 views)

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (15486 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (4621 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (12077 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (8246 views)

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (11141 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (9687 views)

Tapeworms in cat. I've been using drontal deworming xl tablets to treat my cat with tapeworms also... (6458 views)

Anemic dog. Hi, I'm really worried about my dog Sammy. He was at the vet a couple of days ago... (9351 views)

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (11364 views)