Blood in urine

Breed: domestic shorthaired
My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is urinating on my dogs bed. I can't afford a trip to the vets till i get paid please help?

A red tinge to a cat's urine is always a concern. It will almost always mean that there is blood in the urine.

There are many possible causes for blood in the urine. Some cats can get a condition called interstitial cystitis which is inflammation in the bladder. This condition can usually be treated easily with medication.

The more serious possibility is if he has crystals in his urine. Crystals can very easily lead to a urethral blockage. It is much easier to treat crystals before there is a blockage. If there is a blockage then this is a life threatening emergency.

An infection is also possible, although urinary tract infections are not that common in cats.

Please don't wait on this. Any cat with blood in the urine needs to be seen right away.

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (9929 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (26861 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (38941 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (14868 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (10472 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (37119 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (7190 views)

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (19340 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (10553 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (13116 views)