Blood on penis.

Breed: weineramer
My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding from his penis, we cleaned him and cannot see a cut on the outside. What would cause this bleeding?

It's unusual for a neutered dog to be able to breed a female, but it can happen.

The blood is likely from the female, as female dogs bleed when they are fertile and in heat.

If there was a small cut it will heal within 24-48 hours, but this doesn't sound like what is going on.

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (4877 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (9258 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (32750 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (8000 views)

Possible brain tumor. We would like your opinion on whether we were right in putting Barney to... (19375 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (29501 views)

Back leg shaking. My aging Pit bull terrier's back leg shakes like he has Parkinson's disease. Back... (8430 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (7067 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (14944 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (676748 views)