Blood on penis.

Breed: weineramer
My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding from his penis, we cleaned him and cannot see a cut on the outside. What would cause this bleeding?

It's unusual for a neutered dog to be able to breed a female, but it can happen.

The blood is likely from the female, as female dogs bleed when they are fertile and in heat.

If there was a small cut it will heal within 24-48 hours, but this doesn't sound like what is going on.

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (9690 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (8859 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (7067 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (4999 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (6678 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (9187 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (89545 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (16680 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (19016 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (21009 views)