Blood on penis.

Breed: weineramer
My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding from his penis, we cleaned him and cannot see a cut on the outside. What would cause this bleeding?

It's unusual for a neutered dog to be able to breed a female, but it can happen.

The blood is likely from the female, as female dogs bleed when they are fertile and in heat.

If there was a small cut it will heal within 24-48 hours, but this doesn't sound like what is going on.

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (10021 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (13263 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (11622 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (35326 views)

PPA safety for dogs. Hi, Dr. Marie: I am writing a follow-up question from a few weeks ago regarding... (16008 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (7927 views)

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (9225 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (11675 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (13139 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (12339 views)