Blood on penis.

Breed: weineramer
My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding from his penis, we cleaned him and cannot see a cut on the outside. What would cause this bleeding?

It's unusual for a neutered dog to be able to breed a female, but it can happen.

The blood is likely from the female, as female dogs bleed when they are fertile and in heat.

If there was a small cut it will heal within 24-48 hours, but this doesn't sound like what is going on.

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (9483 views)

Licking feet. My cat has suddenly been licking her back paws consistently and thumping them... (8826 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (70474 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (15034 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (32205 views)

Swollen ear. My cats right inner ear just started turning like bruised, black & blue. Inner ear,... (12319 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (10726 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (24484 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (7037 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (12530 views)