Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog.

Breed: Pitbull
My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit bull and he is really sweet. Can you give me some reasons I can use to tell him why he should be neutered. My b/f doesn't want to do it.

In my opinion though the benefits from neutering by far outweigh the risks. Here are some good reasons to neuter a male dog:

He will not get prostate cancer or testicular cancer.

There is no chance of scrotal or testicular or prostate infections.

There is a much lower chance of aggression as there is no testosterone.

I don't believe it is fair for a male dog to have testosterone and feel sexual urges and never have opportunity to breed. He will be able to tell if there is a female in heat within miles of your house.

There is a much lower chance of him fighting with other dogs.

There is a much lower chance of him roaming or running away.

Thanks Dr. Marie!

You're very welcome! Hope you win the argument!

Dog attacked by javelina. My dog got attacked by a javelina.. shes bleeding from her nose and mouth, what... (8550 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (4990 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (8189 views)

Are these tapeworms? My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They... (26536 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (14181 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (13930 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (21119 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (14319 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (22342 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (12824 views)