Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog.

Breed: Pitbull
My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit bull and he is really sweet. Can you give me some reasons I can use to tell him why he should be neutered. My b/f doesn't want to do it.

In my opinion though the benefits from neutering by far outweigh the risks. Here are some good reasons to neuter a male dog:

He will not get prostate cancer or testicular cancer.

There is no chance of scrotal or testicular or prostate infections.

There is a much lower chance of aggression as there is no testosterone.

I don't believe it is fair for a male dog to have testosterone and feel sexual urges and never have opportunity to breed. He will be able to tell if there is a female in heat within miles of your house.

There is a much lower chance of him fighting with other dogs.

There is a much lower chance of him roaming or running away.

Thanks Dr. Marie!

You're very welcome! Hope you win the argument!

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (6150 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (5433 views)

Spot on eye. My boxer scratched his eye. Went to Vet and confirmed and they put him on Neomycin... (17277 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9247 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (7565 views)

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (15814 views)

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (7634 views)

Puppy vomiting at night. My 5 month old lab is crate trained and in his crate almost nightly he has begun to... (45667 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6166 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (18265 views)