Boyfriend doesn't want to neuter dog.

Breed: Pitbull
My boyfriend and I are arguing about whether to get our dog neutered. He is a pit bull and he is really sweet. Can you give me some reasons I can use to tell him why he should be neutered. My b/f doesn't want to do it.

In my opinion though the benefits from neutering by far outweigh the risks. Here are some good reasons to neuter a male dog:

He will not get prostate cancer or testicular cancer.

There is no chance of scrotal or testicular or prostate infections.

There is a much lower chance of aggression as there is no testosterone.

I don't believe it is fair for a male dog to have testosterone and feel sexual urges and never have opportunity to breed. He will be able to tell if there is a female in heat within miles of your house.

There is a much lower chance of him fighting with other dogs.

There is a much lower chance of him roaming or running away.

Thanks Dr. Marie!

You're very welcome! Hope you win the argument!

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (9666 views)

Dog licking anus after vaccines. The day after a routine vax appt with a new vet, our dog suddenly began licking her... (13157 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (15799 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (13766 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (9681 views)

Bottom lip tremor. my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause... (34288 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (13657 views)

Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Before this year he... (12126 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (73020 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (11573 views)