Pimple on ear.

Breed: Rottweiler
My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i squeeze it other than that there is no problem. its about the size of a nickel or less. Should I squeeze it to pop it or keep putting an antibacterial cream on?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the lump as there are a number of things that can cause a pimple like lump on the ear.

I would definitely advise having your vet take a look. It may be something called a histiocytoma which is nothing to worry about and will go away on its own within a few months.

However, it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is much more serious and should be removed right away.

It is possible that it is a small area of infection. This is not common on the ear, but possible. If this is the case he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet. While it won't hurt to apply an over the counter antibacterial cream, usually these are not effective.

I wouldn't squeeze it as this is unlikely to be of any benefit and would likely be uncomfortable for Bobo.

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (10534 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (10304 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (10841 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (16605 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (29112 views)

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (12239 views)

Can I feed raw veggies? Is it alright to feed our dog fresh, raw pieces of vegetables-like celery, green... (10718 views)

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (14063 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (9142 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (12778 views)