Pimple on ear.

Breed: Rottweiler
My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i squeeze it other than that there is no problem. its about the size of a nickel or less. Should I squeeze it to pop it or keep putting an antibacterial cream on?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the lump as there are a number of things that can cause a pimple like lump on the ear.

I would definitely advise having your vet take a look. It may be something called a histiocytoma which is nothing to worry about and will go away on its own within a few months.

However, it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is much more serious and should be removed right away.

It is possible that it is a small area of infection. This is not common on the ear, but possible. If this is the case he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet. While it won't hurt to apply an over the counter antibacterial cream, usually these are not effective.

I wouldn't squeeze it as this is unlikely to be of any benefit and would likely be uncomfortable for Bobo.

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (8956 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (20753 views)

Bump near anus. My dog has what looks like a pimple or maybe an ingrown hair? It's not white like a... (30491 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (15823 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (29272 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (6743 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (7208 views)

Diarrhea and coughing. First off let me apologize for the convoluted description of the symptoms, but I... (5007 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (11191 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (35035 views)