Pimple on ear.

Breed: Rottweiler
My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i squeeze it other than that there is no problem. its about the size of a nickel or less. Should I squeeze it to pop it or keep putting an antibacterial cream on?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the lump as there are a number of things that can cause a pimple like lump on the ear.

I would definitely advise having your vet take a look. It may be something called a histiocytoma which is nothing to worry about and will go away on its own within a few months.

However, it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is much more serious and should be removed right away.

It is possible that it is a small area of infection. This is not common on the ear, but possible. If this is the case he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet. While it won't hurt to apply an over the counter antibacterial cream, usually these are not effective.

I wouldn't squeeze it as this is unlikely to be of any benefit and would likely be uncomfortable for Bobo.

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10755 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7587 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (10992 views)

Cat is burnt on belly. My cat seems to have a burnt patch on her belly. I don't know if this is from... (9283 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (5732 views)

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (19129 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (8095 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (5751 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13022 views)

Vita Calm in dogs? i was wondering if i could safly use vitacalm for hosres on my dog for his... (8201 views)