Pimple on ear.

Breed: Rottweiler
My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i squeeze it other than that there is no problem. its about the size of a nickel or less. Should I squeeze it to pop it or keep putting an antibacterial cream on?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the lump as there are a number of things that can cause a pimple like lump on the ear.

I would definitely advise having your vet take a look. It may be something called a histiocytoma which is nothing to worry about and will go away on its own within a few months.

However, it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is much more serious and should be removed right away.

It is possible that it is a small area of infection. This is not common on the ear, but possible. If this is the case he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet. While it won't hurt to apply an over the counter antibacterial cream, usually these are not effective.

I wouldn't squeeze it as this is unlikely to be of any benefit and would likely be uncomfortable for Bobo.

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (18788 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (13129 views)

My dog is deaf. Almost total deaf within the last 3 months. 14 yr. old english pointer. Female. In... (7454 views)

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (9942 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (14569 views)

Bobcat with lump. Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was... (8551 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (20034 views)

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (13789 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (73935 views)

Lab not eating. Dakota, my lab, has stopped eating over the last couple of weeks and is losing... (12221 views)