Pimple on ear.

Breed: Rottweiler
My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i squeeze it other than that there is no problem. its about the size of a nickel or less. Should I squeeze it to pop it or keep putting an antibacterial cream on?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the lump as there are a number of things that can cause a pimple like lump on the ear.

I would definitely advise having your vet take a look. It may be something called a histiocytoma which is nothing to worry about and will go away on its own within a few months.

However, it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is much more serious and should be removed right away.

It is possible that it is a small area of infection. This is not common on the ear, but possible. If this is the case he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet. While it won't hurt to apply an over the counter antibacterial cream, usually these are not effective.

I wouldn't squeeze it as this is unlikely to be of any benefit and would likely be uncomfortable for Bobo.

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (8672 views)

Bulldog losing hair. hello, I have a 3 year old english bulldog that has had skin issues since he was... (20189 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5783 views)

Euthanasia difficulties. Well, Kiggy passed away May 21, 2012 after a vet recommended euthanasia. She was 14... (10797 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (10554 views)

Xylitol in fruit toxic to dogs? Hello Dr. Marie, I've recently become very aware of the dangers of xylitol with... (32936 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4832 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (54529 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (7037 views)

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (12444 views)