Pimple on ear.

Breed: Rottweiler
My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i squeeze it other than that there is no problem. its about the size of a nickel or less. Should I squeeze it to pop it or keep putting an antibacterial cream on?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing the lump as there are a number of things that can cause a pimple like lump on the ear.

I would definitely advise having your vet take a look. It may be something called a histiocytoma which is nothing to worry about and will go away on its own within a few months.

However, it could be something called a mast cell tumor which is much more serious and should be removed right away.

It is possible that it is a small area of infection. This is not common on the ear, but possible. If this is the case he will likely need oral antibiotics prescribed by the vet. While it won't hurt to apply an over the counter antibacterial cream, usually these are not effective.

I wouldn't squeeze it as this is unlikely to be of any benefit and would likely be uncomfortable for Bobo.

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (24048 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (17057 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (12838 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (41801 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (72855 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (15313 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (14237 views)

Meds safe for small dog? Good evening! I recently adopted a toy poodle. She is currently 4 months old (DOB... (7894 views)

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (11689 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (14628 views)