Dog can't jump.

Breed: Jack Russel
My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself.
Her whole body is shaking but it is mainly her back legs.
She is usually full of energy and playing with my other dog however she won't play anymore and can't jump onto the sofa by herself.
She jumped off the sofa today and squealed, she also squealed yesterday when i picked her up. It seems she is uncomfortable or in pain.
She is still eating and drinking. Thanks!

I won't be able to say too much without examining your dog, but I am suspicious that there may be a back problem such as IVDD.

In most cases, mild IVDD can be treated with anti-inflammatory medication prescribed by the vet.

I would highly advise having a vet see Edie right away. If IVDD goes untreated there is a risk of paralysis. Until you can get to the vet, do not allow her to jump or run or do stairs at all.

Heart murmur in puppy. Does this sound like a "normal" heart for a 10 week old Chihuahua pup? I know it's... (5719 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (9460 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (11358 views)

Ear infection. last year my dog came home with an infection after being groomed. she has been on 4... (19375 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (25951 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (14326 views)

Spiders toxic to cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Hope things are well. I had what amounts to a common question but... (9071 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (8908 views)

Cats not eating. Viral Infection in Throat? I have 3 cats at home (in Singapore, Asia). 1... (10349 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (16879 views)