Dog walking sideways.

Breed:
Hello Dr. Here is my question,
So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and about 2 days ago she has started walking crooked with her but by her face in a U shape and she is eating,drinking and acting normal except for the walking issue. And she only does it sometimes but it is becoming more Promient and frequent.
Thank You very much for your time.

That's very unusual!

My first concern would be that she could have some back pain. Shih Tzus can be prone to back problems. Sometimes back problems can be very serious. You can read more about this here: IVDD in dogs.

It's also possible that she has some irritation in her anal glands. I wouldn't say that walking sideways is a normal sign of anal gland problems, but some dogs can do weird things when their glands are full.

I suppose there are other neurological issues that could cause sideways walking, but I can say that I have never seen a dog do what you are describing!

It sounds like it's a good idea to have a vet see her.

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (5509 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (81918 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (14013 views)

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (9417 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (15797 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (37731 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (27339 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (11454 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15211 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (45598 views)