Dog walking sideways.

Breed:
Hello Dr. Here is my question,
So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and about 2 days ago she has started walking crooked with her but by her face in a U shape and she is eating,drinking and acting normal except for the walking issue. And she only does it sometimes but it is becoming more Promient and frequent.
Thank You very much for your time.

That's very unusual!

My first concern would be that she could have some back pain. Shih Tzus can be prone to back problems. Sometimes back problems can be very serious. You can read more about this here: IVDD in dogs.

It's also possible that she has some irritation in her anal glands. I wouldn't say that walking sideways is a normal sign of anal gland problems, but some dogs can do weird things when their glands are full.

I suppose there are other neurological issues that could cause sideways walking, but I can say that I have never seen a dog do what you are describing!

It sounds like it's a good idea to have a vet see her.

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (10719 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (32367 views)

pain after root canal Had major teeth work performed about 3 months ago as we noticed her breath and she... (10747 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (7942 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (10933 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (33991 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (28948 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (9939 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (8722 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (36465 views)