Dog walking sideways.

Breed:
Hello Dr. Here is my question,
So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and about 2 days ago she has started walking crooked with her but by her face in a U shape and she is eating,drinking and acting normal except for the walking issue. And she only does it sometimes but it is becoming more Promient and frequent.
Thank You very much for your time.

That's very unusual!

My first concern would be that she could have some back pain. Shih Tzus can be prone to back problems. Sometimes back problems can be very serious. You can read more about this here: IVDD in dogs.

It's also possible that she has some irritation in her anal glands. I wouldn't say that walking sideways is a normal sign of anal gland problems, but some dogs can do weird things when their glands are full.

I suppose there are other neurological issues that could cause sideways walking, but I can say that I have never seen a dog do what you are describing!

It sounds like it's a good idea to have a vet see her.

Bathed dog in gasoline. my dog's losing a lot of hair and her skin shows discoloration.when i was away for... (17094 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (13505 views)

intercat aggression We have four brothers that are 1 year old. They were wild cats when their mamma... (7192 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (11321 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (8497 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (7586 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (10870 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (7587 views)

Cat losing weight and vomiting. Sebastian was always a little overweight. Recently he has started losing weight,... (10906 views)

what kind of dog to get Hi Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not... (6497 views)