Dog walking sideways.

Breed:
Hello Dr. Here is my question,
So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and about 2 days ago she has started walking crooked with her but by her face in a U shape and she is eating,drinking and acting normal except for the walking issue. And she only does it sometimes but it is becoming more Promient and frequent.
Thank You very much for your time.

That's very unusual!

My first concern would be that she could have some back pain. Shih Tzus can be prone to back problems. Sometimes back problems can be very serious. You can read more about this here: IVDD in dogs.

It's also possible that she has some irritation in her anal glands. I wouldn't say that walking sideways is a normal sign of anal gland problems, but some dogs can do weird things when their glands are full.

I suppose there are other neurological issues that could cause sideways walking, but I can say that I have never seen a dog do what you are describing!

It sounds like it's a good idea to have a vet see her.

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (11516 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12723 views)

Can dog get Hepatitis C? can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? ... (26109 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (11384 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (10876 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (32091 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (5872 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (13032 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (110032 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (15498 views)