Dog walking sideways.

Breed:
Hello Dr. Here is my question,
So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and about 2 days ago she has started walking crooked with her but by her face in a U shape and she is eating,drinking and acting normal except for the walking issue. And she only does it sometimes but it is becoming more Promient and frequent.
Thank You very much for your time.

That's very unusual!

My first concern would be that she could have some back pain. Shih Tzus can be prone to back problems. Sometimes back problems can be very serious. You can read more about this here: IVDD in dogs.

It's also possible that she has some irritation in her anal glands. I wouldn't say that walking sideways is a normal sign of anal gland problems, but some dogs can do weird things when their glands are full.

I suppose there are other neurological issues that could cause sideways walking, but I can say that I have never seen a dog do what you are describing!

It sounds like it's a good idea to have a vet see her.

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (17504 views)

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (7345 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (9438 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (11011 views)

Weakness in legs and thirsty. Dear Dr. Marie, Sammy has been having weakness in hind legs,difficulty standing... (12079 views)

Vulvar tumor thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval... (7379 views)

dog rigid then drowsy I was rubbing my dog's tummy while he was lying on his back like always. He then... (8657 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7567 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (24373 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (8897 views)