Dog walking sideways.

Breed:
Hello Dr. Here is my question,
So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and about 2 days ago she has started walking crooked with her but by her face in a U shape and she is eating,drinking and acting normal except for the walking issue. And she only does it sometimes but it is becoming more Promient and frequent.
Thank You very much for your time.

That's very unusual!

My first concern would be that she could have some back pain. Shih Tzus can be prone to back problems. Sometimes back problems can be very serious. You can read more about this here: IVDD in dogs.

It's also possible that she has some irritation in her anal glands. I wouldn't say that walking sideways is a normal sign of anal gland problems, but some dogs can do weird things when their glands are full.

I suppose there are other neurological issues that could cause sideways walking, but I can say that I have never seen a dog do what you are describing!

It sounds like it's a good idea to have a vet see her.

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (39342 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (11322 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13845 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (24507 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (19327 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (16747 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (14685 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (26872 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (58613 views)

Cat won't use litter box. I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems.... (9803 views)