Puppy with diarrhea.

Breed: pekingese
Hi,
My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could it be stress or could it be parvo?

Thank you

There are a number of possible reasons for a puppy to have diarrhea.

Parvo certainly is possible. Most dogs with parvo will be *really* sick though. They usually have watery diarrhea with blood and vomit and don't want to eat. If you suspect this then Light needs to see the vet right away.

Another common cause of diarrhea is parasites. Most over the counter dewormers will take care of the common parasites. But, there are some such as giardia and coccidia that need special medication you get from your vet.

And yes, stress can cause some mild diarrhea. So can a change in food. If you think either of these is the case you can try feeding small amounts of chicken and rice for 2 days and then reintroduce the regular food.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration so if you think he is really unwell, or if the diarrhea goes on more than 2 days then a vet visit is definitely necessary.

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (11544 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11647 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (30535 views)

64 days pregnant. hello, I have a 1 1/2 year old Pomeranian half jack russel. I just found out she is... (17054 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (10003 views)

Arthritis medicine I have a 10 month old Pomeranian who appears to have hip problems. I am very low... (7924 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (46366 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (34952 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (8227 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (20312 views)