Green smelly teeth.

Breed: Lab/shepard (and pos
Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out with a washcloth but her gums started bleeding, and it came back in a couple days.

Her breath is really bad, smells something like the mud on the edge of a lake.

Her nose is dry.

I've noticed no behavioral difference except a reluctance to let me touch her face and occasional random crying, which usually happens right after she eats, so I think it's because her mouth hurts.

We feed her hard food. Her sister (biological) is having no mouth problems and lives under the same conditions.

Otherwise she seems healthy.

Although I can't say for sure what is going on without seeing your dog, it really sounds like there are some serious dental issues here.

I know exactly the smell that you are describing by "the mud on the edge of the lake"! I've never heard it described that way, but I can't tell you how many times I have smelled that from the mouth of a dog.

There is likely a dental infection (or several infections) in Dweeb's mouth. The green slime is tartar and could also be connected to infection.

Unfortunately the only way to properly treat a problem like this is to have a dental cleaning done under an anesthetic. The vet will examine each tooth and will remove any that are infected or causing problems.

Sometimes a course of antibiotics can help, but this help is always short term.

I wish I had a better solution for you! Hopefully you can have your vet see her soon as she sounds very uncomfortable.

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (22284 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (7475 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6759 views)

Diarrhea with blood. my dog, i just recently changed his dog food. and i got home and saw diarrhea... (23653 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (12360 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (17560 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (40381 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (8402 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6656 views)

Carnassial tooth slab fracture. Hello Dr. Marie! Thanks for offering this service! My 3 year old dog has... (11321 views)