Green smelly teeth.

Breed: Lab/shepard (and pos
Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out with a washcloth but her gums started bleeding, and it came back in a couple days.

Her breath is really bad, smells something like the mud on the edge of a lake.

Her nose is dry.

I've noticed no behavioral difference except a reluctance to let me touch her face and occasional random crying, which usually happens right after she eats, so I think it's because her mouth hurts.

We feed her hard food. Her sister (biological) is having no mouth problems and lives under the same conditions.

Otherwise she seems healthy.

Although I can't say for sure what is going on without seeing your dog, it really sounds like there are some serious dental issues here.

I know exactly the smell that you are describing by "the mud on the edge of the lake"! I've never heard it described that way, but I can't tell you how many times I have smelled that from the mouth of a dog.

There is likely a dental infection (or several infections) in Dweeb's mouth. The green slime is tartar and could also be connected to infection.

Unfortunately the only way to properly treat a problem like this is to have a dental cleaning done under an anesthetic. The vet will examine each tooth and will remove any that are infected or causing problems.

Sometimes a course of antibiotics can help, but this help is always short term.

I wish I had a better solution for you! Hopefully you can have your vet see her soon as she sounds very uncomfortable.

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (5982 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (15363 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (16872 views)

Sick after neuter. On March 26, 2012 I took my two dogs and my friend’s dog to get spayed and... (13115 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (38802 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (14654 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (20786 views)

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (6927 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (28591 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (24098 views)