Green smelly teeth.

Breed: Lab/shepard (and pos
Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out with a washcloth but her gums started bleeding, and it came back in a couple days.

Her breath is really bad, smells something like the mud on the edge of a lake.

Her nose is dry.

I've noticed no behavioral difference except a reluctance to let me touch her face and occasional random crying, which usually happens right after she eats, so I think it's because her mouth hurts.

We feed her hard food. Her sister (biological) is having no mouth problems and lives under the same conditions.

Otherwise she seems healthy.

Although I can't say for sure what is going on without seeing your dog, it really sounds like there are some serious dental issues here.

I know exactly the smell that you are describing by "the mud on the edge of the lake"! I've never heard it described that way, but I can't tell you how many times I have smelled that from the mouth of a dog.

There is likely a dental infection (or several infections) in Dweeb's mouth. The green slime is tartar and could also be connected to infection.

Unfortunately the only way to properly treat a problem like this is to have a dental cleaning done under an anesthetic. The vet will examine each tooth and will remove any that are infected or causing problems.

Sometimes a course of antibiotics can help, but this help is always short term.

I wish I had a better solution for you! Hopefully you can have your vet see her soon as she sounds very uncomfortable.

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (8521 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15350 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (46185 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (7449 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (5173 views)

Limping dog. Hello, My dog is a GS mix - she is just over 1 yr old and weighs approx. 70 lbs. ... (18556 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (14942 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (33095 views)

Kitten can't hold head up. I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week... (11275 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (10180 views)