Green smelly teeth.

Breed: Lab/shepard (and pos
Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out with a washcloth but her gums started bleeding, and it came back in a couple days.

Her breath is really bad, smells something like the mud on the edge of a lake.

Her nose is dry.

I've noticed no behavioral difference except a reluctance to let me touch her face and occasional random crying, which usually happens right after she eats, so I think it's because her mouth hurts.

We feed her hard food. Her sister (biological) is having no mouth problems and lives under the same conditions.

Otherwise she seems healthy.

Although I can't say for sure what is going on without seeing your dog, it really sounds like there are some serious dental issues here.

I know exactly the smell that you are describing by "the mud on the edge of the lake"! I've never heard it described that way, but I can't tell you how many times I have smelled that from the mouth of a dog.

There is likely a dental infection (or several infections) in Dweeb's mouth. The green slime is tartar and could also be connected to infection.

Unfortunately the only way to properly treat a problem like this is to have a dental cleaning done under an anesthetic. The vet will examine each tooth and will remove any that are infected or causing problems.

Sometimes a course of antibiotics can help, but this help is always short term.

I wish I had a better solution for you! Hopefully you can have your vet see her soon as she sounds very uncomfortable.

Chihuahua with loose teeth. My Chihuahua's teeth are starting to get very loose. She is only two years old,... (12136 views)

Bassett hound freaks out Our dog is healthy and happy, usually. He's been to the vet once per year to get his... (7966 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (14455 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (8494 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (11826 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (14777 views)

Azithromycin and cat death. I run my own rescue group. I do all the cleaning, transporting, adopting, and I... (10902 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9734 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (6017 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (8178 views)