Green smelly teeth.

Breed: Lab/shepard (and pos
Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out with a washcloth but her gums started bleeding, and it came back in a couple days.

Her breath is really bad, smells something like the mud on the edge of a lake.

Her nose is dry.

I've noticed no behavioral difference except a reluctance to let me touch her face and occasional random crying, which usually happens right after she eats, so I think it's because her mouth hurts.

We feed her hard food. Her sister (biological) is having no mouth problems and lives under the same conditions.

Otherwise she seems healthy.

Although I can't say for sure what is going on without seeing your dog, it really sounds like there are some serious dental issues here.

I know exactly the smell that you are describing by "the mud on the edge of the lake"! I've never heard it described that way, but I can't tell you how many times I have smelled that from the mouth of a dog.

There is likely a dental infection (or several infections) in Dweeb's mouth. The green slime is tartar and could also be connected to infection.

Unfortunately the only way to properly treat a problem like this is to have a dental cleaning done under an anesthetic. The vet will examine each tooth and will remove any that are infected or causing problems.

Sometimes a course of antibiotics can help, but this help is always short term.

I wish I had a better solution for you! Hopefully you can have your vet see her soon as she sounds very uncomfortable.

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (23489 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (8923 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (15092 views)

How to get cat to lose weight? Cinder is about 16-18 lbs. She has a large frame for a Female, per the vet, but my... (3804 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (8748 views)

Cat hair loss. My cat has some blood above both er of her eyes and it looks like the fur fell out.... (45969 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (10386 views)

My dog is grieving. Good Day Dr. In March of 2011 we lost Lucy (Coton du Tulear) to heart disease. ... (12693 views)

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (49015 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (14404 views)