Green smelly teeth.

Breed: Lab/shepard (and pos
Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out with a washcloth but her gums started bleeding, and it came back in a couple days.

Her breath is really bad, smells something like the mud on the edge of a lake.

Her nose is dry.

I've noticed no behavioral difference except a reluctance to let me touch her face and occasional random crying, which usually happens right after she eats, so I think it's because her mouth hurts.

We feed her hard food. Her sister (biological) is having no mouth problems and lives under the same conditions.

Otherwise she seems healthy.

Although I can't say for sure what is going on without seeing your dog, it really sounds like there are some serious dental issues here.

I know exactly the smell that you are describing by "the mud on the edge of the lake"! I've never heard it described that way, but I can't tell you how many times I have smelled that from the mouth of a dog.

There is likely a dental infection (or several infections) in Dweeb's mouth. The green slime is tartar and could also be connected to infection.

Unfortunately the only way to properly treat a problem like this is to have a dental cleaning done under an anesthetic. The vet will examine each tooth and will remove any that are infected or causing problems.

Sometimes a course of antibiotics can help, but this help is always short term.

I wish I had a better solution for you! Hopefully you can have your vet see her soon as she sounds very uncomfortable.

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (59963 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (11857 views)

Throwing up and diarrhea. My dog has been throwing up and has had diarrhea for a couple of days. She is able... (32886 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (65445 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (7633 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (21784 views)

what kind of dog to get Hi Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not... (8586 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (16177 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (9892 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (30252 views)