Dog licking everything

Breed: Hungarian Vizsla
My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can get to after he eats.

He has also started bloating after meals. He was treated medically for bloat once last week which helped but he has bloated to a lesser extent a few times over the last 10 days and shifted the gas himself.

Are the two connected and how can I stop/prevent this behaviour?

He is now eating from an anti-bloat bowl to slow his eating down but this doesn't seem to have helped.

He eats CSJ21 (ingredients below) twice a day mixed with raw beef mince.

CSJ21: Fresh Salmon (min 26%), Whole White Rice, Corn, Fish Meal, Barley, Chicken Oil, Oats, Brewers Yeast, Sugar Beet, Whole linseed, Salmon Oil, Herbs (marshmallow, peppermint, fenugreek, parsley, rosemary), Minerals, Vitamins, Chicory Extract, Yucca Extract, Chondroitin, Glucosamine Sulphate & MSM.

Bloat is definitely a condition to take seriously. I am worried that Otto may need to have surgery to be sure that this problem doesn't happen again. (What the surgery does is attach the stomach to the body wall so that it can't flip again.)

It is hard to say whether the licking is connected to the bloat or not. Usually if a dog is licking their paws excessively it can be a sign of an allergy. However, an allergy shouldn't make him lick other things obsessively.

Sometimes a dog will lick or try to eat strange things because they have stomach upset. My theory is that the dog feels that if they eat something it will either help their stomach to feel better or it may make them vomit which would help them to feel better as well.

You may want to ask your vet if you could give some Pepcid (famotidine) to help with minor stomach upset. However, I would highly advise talking to your vet about doing surgery to ensure he is not going to bloat again.

Rekated question: My dog eats too fast

Pancreatic enzymes. How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the... (8206 views)

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (7940 views)

Incontinence she will be lying on the floor and she just pees and does not know or realize she... (8574 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (8520 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (11301 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (20278 views)

Proteus indole positive diarrhea. Hello, I am from Romania. My cat Bruno (10 months) has diarrhea and at the faeces... (8130 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (23489 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (13029 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (20828 views)