Dog licking everything

Breed: Hungarian Vizsla
My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can get to after he eats.

He has also started bloating after meals. He was treated medically for bloat once last week which helped but he has bloated to a lesser extent a few times over the last 10 days and shifted the gas himself.

Are the two connected and how can I stop/prevent this behaviour?

He is now eating from an anti-bloat bowl to slow his eating down but this doesn't seem to have helped.

He eats CSJ21 (ingredients below) twice a day mixed with raw beef mince.

CSJ21: Fresh Salmon (min 26%), Whole White Rice, Corn, Fish Meal, Barley, Chicken Oil, Oats, Brewers Yeast, Sugar Beet, Whole linseed, Salmon Oil, Herbs (marshmallow, peppermint, fenugreek, parsley, rosemary), Minerals, Vitamins, Chicory Extract, Yucca Extract, Chondroitin, Glucosamine Sulphate & MSM.

Bloat is definitely a condition to take seriously. I am worried that Otto may need to have surgery to be sure that this problem doesn't happen again. (What the surgery does is attach the stomach to the body wall so that it can't flip again.)

It is hard to say whether the licking is connected to the bloat or not. Usually if a dog is licking their paws excessively it can be a sign of an allergy. However, an allergy shouldn't make him lick other things obsessively.

Sometimes a dog will lick or try to eat strange things because they have stomach upset. My theory is that the dog feels that if they eat something it will either help their stomach to feel better or it may make them vomit which would help them to feel better as well.

You may want to ask your vet if you could give some Pepcid (famotidine) to help with minor stomach upset. However, I would highly advise talking to your vet about doing surgery to ensure he is not going to bloat again.

Rekated question: My dog eats too fast

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (10317 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (77510 views)

Not using litter box. For the past several months she has decided to stop using the litter box to poop in.... (10506 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (12932 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (4953 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (25384 views)

Stop puppy from biting. How can I stop my puppy from biting me? I don't want to give her up but she is... (8310 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (20148 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (32179 views)

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (11226 views)