Blood from bum.

Breed: mix
Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I wormed her on Monday (today is Thursday). She didn't show any signs of pain, she was playing with her brother when my sister picked her up and noticed. She doesn't seem to be bleeding anymore, but what's the problem and should I be concerned?

Sorry to hear that your little one is having problems!

I'm wondering if what you were seeing was actually diarrhea? Often if there is blood in the stool it can look like there is just straight blood coming out. If it was bloody diarrhea then often we can attribute this to something that she has eaten, or potentially due to the deworming although this is not common.

If Little Girl is bright and eating well then I would not be too concerned.

Another possibility is if she has a bleeding problem. Has there been bleeding from anywhere else? Do her gums look pink or white? If they are white then I would be concerned that she has some internal bleeding.

If it just happened once and she is otherwise fine then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is still not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (16345 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (62284 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (26289 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (20052 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (16690 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (14651 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (7703 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (9391 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (18979 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (11203 views)