Blood from bum.

Breed: mix
Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I wormed her on Monday (today is Thursday). She didn't show any signs of pain, she was playing with her brother when my sister picked her up and noticed. She doesn't seem to be bleeding anymore, but what's the problem and should I be concerned?

Sorry to hear that your little one is having problems!

I'm wondering if what you were seeing was actually diarrhea? Often if there is blood in the stool it can look like there is just straight blood coming out. If it was bloody diarrhea then often we can attribute this to something that she has eaten, or potentially due to the deworming although this is not common.

If Little Girl is bright and eating well then I would not be too concerned.

Another possibility is if she has a bleeding problem. Has there been bleeding from anywhere else? Do her gums look pink or white? If they are white then I would be concerned that she has some internal bleeding.

If it just happened once and she is otherwise fine then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is still not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (6057 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (7883 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6150 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (9596 views)

Really bad skin issues. there is a PHOTO on the Pet-Forums-UK website, on the Dog Health sub-forum under Dog... (9320 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (16796 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (14258 views)

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (7001 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (13530 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11352 views)