Blood from bum.

Breed: mix
Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I wormed her on Monday (today is Thursday). She didn't show any signs of pain, she was playing with her brother when my sister picked her up and noticed. She doesn't seem to be bleeding anymore, but what's the problem and should I be concerned?

Sorry to hear that your little one is having problems!

I'm wondering if what you were seeing was actually diarrhea? Often if there is blood in the stool it can look like there is just straight blood coming out. If it was bloody diarrhea then often we can attribute this to something that she has eaten, or potentially due to the deworming although this is not common.

If Little Girl is bright and eating well then I would not be too concerned.

Another possibility is if she has a bleeding problem. Has there been bleeding from anywhere else? Do her gums look pink or white? If they are white then I would be concerned that she has some internal bleeding.

If it just happened once and she is otherwise fine then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is still not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (41802 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (18374 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (12202 views)

Swollen vulva. My dog was in heat a few months ago and her vagina is still swollen. What shouldI... (37484 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (12924 views)

Kittens have tapeworm. Hello, About 4-5 weeks ago I adopted 2 12 week old kittens. They are littermates... (37955 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (11782 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (11342 views)

Hair loss in hamster I have a syrian hamster which is about two and a half years old. He as been losing... (8467 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (11233 views)