Blood from bum.

Breed: mix
Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I wormed her on Monday (today is Thursday). She didn't show any signs of pain, she was playing with her brother when my sister picked her up and noticed. She doesn't seem to be bleeding anymore, but what's the problem and should I be concerned?

Sorry to hear that your little one is having problems!

I'm wondering if what you were seeing was actually diarrhea? Often if there is blood in the stool it can look like there is just straight blood coming out. If it was bloody diarrhea then often we can attribute this to something that she has eaten, or potentially due to the deworming although this is not common.

If Little Girl is bright and eating well then I would not be too concerned.

Another possibility is if she has a bleeding problem. Has there been bleeding from anywhere else? Do her gums look pink or white? If they are white then I would be concerned that she has some internal bleeding.

If it just happened once and she is otherwise fine then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is still not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (8591 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (8417 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (7908 views)

Not eating losing weight. Age: 13 months Weight: 8 1/2 pounds He was 9 pounds, but lost half a pound in May.... (5083 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (26146 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (13189 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (18473 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (9532 views)

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (45768 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4997 views)