Blood from bum.

Breed: mix
Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I wormed her on Monday (today is Thursday). She didn't show any signs of pain, she was playing with her brother when my sister picked her up and noticed. She doesn't seem to be bleeding anymore, but what's the problem and should I be concerned?

Sorry to hear that your little one is having problems!

I'm wondering if what you were seeing was actually diarrhea? Often if there is blood in the stool it can look like there is just straight blood coming out. If it was bloody diarrhea then often we can attribute this to something that she has eaten, or potentially due to the deworming although this is not common.

If Little Girl is bright and eating well then I would not be too concerned.

Another possibility is if she has a bleeding problem. Has there been bleeding from anywhere else? Do her gums look pink or white? If they are white then I would be concerned that she has some internal bleeding.

If it just happened once and she is otherwise fine then I wouldn't be too concerned. But, if she is still not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (9061 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11279 views)

vet question Dear Madame Veterinarian: Our Siberian has one of the best pedigrees we could've... (9775 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (9160 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (48526 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (21102 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (19691 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (5087 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (15843 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (12353 views)