Cat struggling to breathe.

Breed: Moggy
It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and down and it is very noticeable. I cant seem to hear any wheezing and I haven't noticed her choking or coughing either.
This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Her behavior hasn't changed and she does seem to be fine, that's why i find it so strange. The only change that has happened in the last 2 months is we moved house.
What could cause this to start happening all of a sudden?

It's probably too late for an answer for you now (as the free questions don't get answered right away). I am always concerned when cats have breathing problems. This always deserves a veterinary visit.

If funds are stopping you from going, you may get some help here:

Organizations that help pay for vet bills.

There are many possible causes for what you have described. Any fluid in the chest could do this. Fluid could be from an infection, a serious virus called FIP or even cancer.

While asthma can cause breathing issues there usually is some coughing.

Severe anemia (low red blood cells) can do this as well.

I really hope Bullet is ok!

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (8155 views)

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (7739 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (18974 views)

Recurring respiratory symptoms. My 1 yr old Burmese cat was purchased with what we think is cat flu. She has... (10420 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (8431 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (4050 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (4319 views)

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (45966 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (23008 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (8992 views)