Cat struggling to breathe.

Breed: Moggy
It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and down and it is very noticeable. I cant seem to hear any wheezing and I haven't noticed her choking or coughing either.
This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Her behavior hasn't changed and she does seem to be fine, that's why i find it so strange. The only change that has happened in the last 2 months is we moved house.
What could cause this to start happening all of a sudden?

It's probably too late for an answer for you now (as the free questions don't get answered right away). I am always concerned when cats have breathing problems. This always deserves a veterinary visit.

If funds are stopping you from going, you may get some help here:

Organizations that help pay for vet bills.

There are many possible causes for what you have described. Any fluid in the chest could do this. Fluid could be from an infection, a serious virus called FIP or even cancer.

While asthma can cause breathing issues there usually is some coughing.

Severe anemia (low red blood cells) can do this as well.

I really hope Bullet is ok!

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (21297 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (5408 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (17635 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (7725 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (32673 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (13218 views)

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (8585 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (25814 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10260 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (14458 views)