Cat struggling to breathe.

Breed: Moggy
It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and down and it is very noticeable. I cant seem to hear any wheezing and I haven't noticed her choking or coughing either.
This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Her behavior hasn't changed and she does seem to be fine, that's why i find it so strange. The only change that has happened in the last 2 months is we moved house.
What could cause this to start happening all of a sudden?

It's probably too late for an answer for you now (as the free questions don't get answered right away). I am always concerned when cats have breathing problems. This always deserves a veterinary visit.

If funds are stopping you from going, you may get some help here:

Organizations that help pay for vet bills.

There are many possible causes for what you have described. Any fluid in the chest could do this. Fluid could be from an infection, a serious virus called FIP or even cancer.

While asthma can cause breathing issues there usually is some coughing.

Severe anemia (low red blood cells) can do this as well.

I really hope Bullet is ok!

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (5942 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (14012 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (6345 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (9255 views)

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (9164 views)

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (5695 views)

Bumpy skin on back. My cat BonBon has a significant amount of dry, bumpy, itchy, red skin on her back... (9500 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (12101 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (6212 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (9753 views)