Cat struggling to breathe.

Breed: Moggy
It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and down and it is very noticeable. I cant seem to hear any wheezing and I haven't noticed her choking or coughing either.
This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Her behavior hasn't changed and she does seem to be fine, that's why i find it so strange. The only change that has happened in the last 2 months is we moved house.
What could cause this to start happening all of a sudden?

It's probably too late for an answer for you now (as the free questions don't get answered right away). I am always concerned when cats have breathing problems. This always deserves a veterinary visit.

If funds are stopping you from going, you may get some help here:

Organizations that help pay for vet bills.

There are many possible causes for what you have described. Any fluid in the chest could do this. Fluid could be from an infection, a serious virus called FIP or even cancer.

While asthma can cause breathing issues there usually is some coughing.

Severe anemia (low red blood cells) can do this as well.

I really hope Bullet is ok!

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (19137 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (8032 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (7582 views)

Dog has a bald patch over eye. Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect... (17222 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (33493 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (10933 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (13348 views)

Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool. My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying... (28523 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (16090 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (24765 views)