Cat struggling to breathe.

Breed: Moggy
It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and down and it is very noticeable. I cant seem to hear any wheezing and I haven't noticed her choking or coughing either.
This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Her behavior hasn't changed and she does seem to be fine, that's why i find it so strange. The only change that has happened in the last 2 months is we moved house.
What could cause this to start happening all of a sudden?

It's probably too late for an answer for you now (as the free questions don't get answered right away). I am always concerned when cats have breathing problems. This always deserves a veterinary visit.

If funds are stopping you from going, you may get some help here:

Organizations that help pay for vet bills.

There are many possible causes for what you have described. Any fluid in the chest could do this. Fluid could be from an infection, a serious virus called FIP or even cancer.

While asthma can cause breathing issues there usually is some coughing.

Severe anemia (low red blood cells) can do this as well.

I really hope Bullet is ok!

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (8461 views)

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (6762 views)

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (18891 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (4794 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (15102 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (11367 views)

Dog ate a needle. My dog had not been eating his usual amount and I was watching him, he then began to... (11295 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (10493 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (19491 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (20193 views)