Cat struggling to breathe.

Breed: Moggy
It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and down and it is very noticeable. I cant seem to hear any wheezing and I haven't noticed her choking or coughing either.
This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Her behavior hasn't changed and she does seem to be fine, that's why i find it so strange. The only change that has happened in the last 2 months is we moved house.
What could cause this to start happening all of a sudden?

It's probably too late for an answer for you now (as the free questions don't get answered right away). I am always concerned when cats have breathing problems. This always deserves a veterinary visit.

If funds are stopping you from going, you may get some help here:

Organizations that help pay for vet bills.

There are many possible causes for what you have described. Any fluid in the chest could do this. Fluid could be from an infection, a serious virus called FIP or even cancer.

While asthma can cause breathing issues there usually is some coughing.

Severe anemia (low red blood cells) can do this as well.

I really hope Bullet is ok!

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (6608 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hi Dr. Marie! Spanky is 5 years old and very healthy. His energy is good and, as... (42540 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (30276 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (45149 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (16204 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (6127 views)

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (8690 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (23054 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (49793 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (22170 views)