Cat struggling to breathe.

Breed: Moggy
It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and down and it is very noticeable. I cant seem to hear any wheezing and I haven't noticed her choking or coughing either.
This has been happening for a couple of weeks now. Her behavior hasn't changed and she does seem to be fine, that's why i find it so strange. The only change that has happened in the last 2 months is we moved house.
What could cause this to start happening all of a sudden?

It's probably too late for an answer for you now (as the free questions don't get answered right away). I am always concerned when cats have breathing problems. This always deserves a veterinary visit.

If funds are stopping you from going, you may get some help here:

Organizations that help pay for vet bills.

There are many possible causes for what you have described. Any fluid in the chest could do this. Fluid could be from an infection, a serious virus called FIP or even cancer.

While asthma can cause breathing issues there usually is some coughing.

Severe anemia (low red blood cells) can do this as well.

I really hope Bullet is ok!

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (17161 views)

Vuvlar tumor in a cat. Hello, 2 weeks ago i had my russian blue sterilised cat (elderly not sure how old... (8278 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (10615 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (10860 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (15382 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (8902 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (24782 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (16475 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (28214 views)

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (3644 views)