Lumps on dog's neck.

Breed: Hungarian Vizsla
My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his neck and shoulders.

They don't seem to hurt/irritate him and most go after a couple of days but one patch on the back of his neck has been predent for about a week and he has bald patches over them.

He has been flea treated but spends a lot of time running through wooded areas.

Does this sound like something to worry about and can I help get rid of it at home?

Thank you

Hi there and thanks for your question.

I'm wondering if what you are describing could be an allergic reaction. It's hard to say without seeing Otto. If they are little bumps that come and go then this is a possibility. While I can't legally give you the dose online you can call your vet and ask if they can tell you how much benadryl to give. If it is an allergic reaction then this should help.

Insect stings are possible as well especially if you have mosquitos or blackflies in your area.

Sometimes a bacterial infection can present like this. If this is the case then unfortunately a vet visit will be necessary to get oral antibiotics. Creams and other topical treatments don't tend to work.

I hope this helps!

Dog died suddenly even after glucose. my dog died suddenly...... it vomited three time .........then she was not able to... (10659 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (4839 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (4408 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (20300 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (5917 views)

Dog ate moldy corn. My 4 month old, 20 lb. standard poodle may have eaten very moldy creamed corn from a... (46139 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (10879 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (10869 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (8469 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (13652 views)