Lumps on dog's neck.

Breed: Hungarian Vizsla
My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his neck and shoulders.

They don't seem to hurt/irritate him and most go after a couple of days but one patch on the back of his neck has been predent for about a week and he has bald patches over them.

He has been flea treated but spends a lot of time running through wooded areas.

Does this sound like something to worry about and can I help get rid of it at home?

Thank you

Hi there and thanks for your question.

I'm wondering if what you are describing could be an allergic reaction. It's hard to say without seeing Otto. If they are little bumps that come and go then this is a possibility. While I can't legally give you the dose online you can call your vet and ask if they can tell you how much benadryl to give. If it is an allergic reaction then this should help.

Insect stings are possible as well especially if you have mosquitos or blackflies in your area.

Sometimes a bacterial infection can present like this. If this is the case then unfortunately a vet visit will be necessary to get oral antibiotics. Creams and other topical treatments don't tend to work.

I hope this helps!

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (19454 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (6112 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (12764 views)

Puppy sleeps all the time. Hi, We just got our puppy Marley on Sunday, 16. He is eating and drinking, and is 7... (10280 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (15754 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (12685 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (9649 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (11054 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (23058 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (23718 views)