Lumps on dog's neck.

Breed: Hungarian Vizsla
My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his neck and shoulders.

They don't seem to hurt/irritate him and most go after a couple of days but one patch on the back of his neck has been predent for about a week and he has bald patches over them.

He has been flea treated but spends a lot of time running through wooded areas.

Does this sound like something to worry about and can I help get rid of it at home?

Thank you

Hi there and thanks for your question.

I'm wondering if what you are describing could be an allergic reaction. It's hard to say without seeing Otto. If they are little bumps that come and go then this is a possibility. While I can't legally give you the dose online you can call your vet and ask if they can tell you how much benadryl to give. If it is an allergic reaction then this should help.

Insect stings are possible as well especially if you have mosquitos or blackflies in your area.

Sometimes a bacterial infection can present like this. If this is the case then unfortunately a vet visit will be necessary to get oral antibiotics. Creams and other topical treatments don't tend to work.

I hope this helps!

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (5343 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (5290 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (6976 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (17865 views)

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (5180 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (27471 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (30765 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9140 views)

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (16118 views)

Diarrhea and pain. My dog Halo is about 14 months old, she's had diarrhea for the last few days. I've... (32610 views)