Lumps on dog's neck.

Breed: Hungarian Vizsla
My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his neck and shoulders.

They don't seem to hurt/irritate him and most go after a couple of days but one patch on the back of his neck has been predent for about a week and he has bald patches over them.

He has been flea treated but spends a lot of time running through wooded areas.

Does this sound like something to worry about and can I help get rid of it at home?

Thank you

Hi there and thanks for your question.

I'm wondering if what you are describing could be an allergic reaction. It's hard to say without seeing Otto. If they are little bumps that come and go then this is a possibility. While I can't legally give you the dose online you can call your vet and ask if they can tell you how much benadryl to give. If it is an allergic reaction then this should help.

Insect stings are possible as well especially if you have mosquitos or blackflies in your area.

Sometimes a bacterial infection can present like this. If this is the case then unfortunately a vet visit will be necessary to get oral antibiotics. Creams and other topical treatments don't tend to work.

I hope this helps!

Wounds not healing. My cat is mostly an indoor cat, but on occassion, he goes outside. Last time he went... (6148 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (9310 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (26479 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (21732 views)

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (14434 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (28430 views)

Kitten can't hold head up. I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week... (13599 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (7536 views)

Is my dog overheating? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a simple question. Max is now a 74 lb 1yr old... (10270 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (15625 views)