What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Dog bleeding from nose and died. This might seem unnecessary and irrelevant now, but maybe even shedding a little... (73426 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (31093 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (8262 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (5971 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (9017 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (32373 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (14341 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (6477 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (22420 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (15652 views)