What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (14839 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (14658 views)

No bowel movements after parvo. I have a seven month old poodle mix puppy with parvovirus. He was a puppy someone... (25043 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (17051 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (5125 views)

Older dog losing weight. I have Sheppard/Lab mixed breed about 13 years old. She is a large dog and has been... (75929 views)

Benadryl for swollen snout? my dogs face around the snout has become swollen not sure why but im guessing its... (21080 views)

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (27207 views)

Gave meds to early. Hi Dr. Marie, We are away from home this weekend and our pet sitter came early... (10490 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (69515 views)