What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Heartworm and MDR1 I rrecently had both dogs genotyped for MDR1 mutation and both are positive. Bella... (9961 views)

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (9308 views)

Cat urinating on bed. Good Morning Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His... (18394 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (8767 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (21276 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (11690 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (17082 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (7577 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (14694 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (17015 views)