What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (36320 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (113946 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (14648 views)

Cat won't eat or drink. Licorice doesn't want to eat much or drink. He is lethargic, but his gums are pink... (21261 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (12015 views)

Constipated cat. Hi Dr. Marie, The last time I emailed you (about a year ago), our cat, Keane, was... (14102 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (7773 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8022 views)

Bald spots on cat's legs. I moved from Los Angeles to St.Louis with my cat. For a few months now I've noticed... (14296 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (6186 views)