What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (16840 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (46978 views)

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (12958 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (77866 views)

Cat is sleeping a lot. My cat has been sleeping a lot in the last two days. Want play. Will eat a little.... (10133 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (13775 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (6826 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (20197 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (8352 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (25769 views)