What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Iverheart Plus and Max. i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently... (26710 views)

Terbutaline and atenolol. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m interested in your thoughts on what may have caused my cat’s... (13666 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (7572 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (11820 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (185399 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (5020 views)

Head Tilt. My dog carries his head to one side. Do you think he could have an ear infection or... (12717 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (12143 views)

Rat lost his brother. My rat has lost his brother will he be ok i am not getting another... (11371 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (26161 views)