What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (12855 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (14402 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (13185 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (18454 views)

Hamster skin problems. Hello my hamster hair has started to fall out and he got flaky skin with sore's from... (16719 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (9673 views)

Dog died after surgery. Last Monday our dog Ben began throwing up. He also stopped eating. It lessened on... (27268 views)

Should we put down out cat? Good evening. My 15 year old tabby seems to be in rough shape. He is still... (5901 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (25988 views)

Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat. My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is... (8535 views)