What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (22264 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (13084 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (26741 views)

Stop puppy from biting. How can I stop my puppy from biting me? I don't want to give her up but she is... (8920 views)

Swelling on ear. My 2 year old male beagle has a bump on his outer ear flap which resembles the post... (7496 views)

Cause of death? Hi Dr. Marie, I\'m sorry that I can\'t afford to pay for an answer, but your... (5606 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (12417 views)

Does my puppy have a UTI? My puggle puppy usually tells me when she has to go out. But for the past two-three... (11002 views)

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (20863 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (9264 views)