What is a CG8 blood test?

Breed: Bassador
Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have arthritis and suspected thyroid problem. The two tests he wants to do are a free T4ed, CBC & CG8 in house. I can find info on the CBC and T4 but I can't find anything on a CG8 ? I've searched everywhere and nothing comes up for a CG8. I just want to know what the test is for & make sure the test is necessary and I'm not getting ripped off. I have never met this Vet before. Thank you.

Hi. The CG8 is probably your vet's office code for a general blood chemistry screen that will look at liver and kidney enzymes and probably blood glucose too. This sounds like a good plan!

Let me know if you have more questions.

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (15501 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (9796 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (9541 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (16376 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (12209 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (6821 views)

Ringworm treatment in cat. First, thank you for your previous help with my questions. I have 2 issues with... (19584 views)

Why did my cat die? Hello, The other day, our cat Misty (she would have been 16-years-old next month)... (15296 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (13896 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (11989 views)