Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool.

Breed: Goldendoodle
My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying to pee and poop but only little liquid driplets come out. She seems weak and lethargic. What could it possibly be?
Thank you!

Hi. It sounds like your dog is quite sick and really should see a vet as soon as possible.

The most concerning thing that you wrote about is the fact that she is straining to urinate. It's possible that she has a bladder stone that is blocking her urinary output. This is not as common in females as in males but when it does happen it is very serious. If the bladder stays blocked for too long then it can lead to kidney failure and this can be causing the lethargy and vomiting.

If she does not have a bladder blockage then there are many other possibilities. It may be that she has abdominal cramps and diarrhea. There are many different causes for this. But, if she is sick enough that she seems weak and lethargic then this is very unlikely to be a case where she just needs some bland food and rest. She most definitely needs to be assessed by a veterinarian.

The possibilities include anything from an intestinal blockage, addison's disease (which is a serious condition affecting the adrenal glands), kidney failure and more.

I really hope she is ok!

Thank you for your help. we actually didn't wait for your response as we were too anxious about her symptoms. She has gastroentitis and is being treated with antibiotics.
Thanks again

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (89350 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (38331 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (9972 views)

Profender and pregnant women. Hi there Dr. Marie This isn't a direct question about an animal but I'm wondering... (8065 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7581 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (22268 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (57485 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9295 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (23335 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8670 views)