Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool.

Breed: Goldendoodle
My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying to pee and poop but only little liquid driplets come out. She seems weak and lethargic. What could it possibly be?
Thank you!

Hi. It sounds like your dog is quite sick and really should see a vet as soon as possible.

The most concerning thing that you wrote about is the fact that she is straining to urinate. It's possible that she has a bladder stone that is blocking her urinary output. This is not as common in females as in males but when it does happen it is very serious. If the bladder stays blocked for too long then it can lead to kidney failure and this can be causing the lethargy and vomiting.

If she does not have a bladder blockage then there are many other possibilities. It may be that she has abdominal cramps and diarrhea. There are many different causes for this. But, if she is sick enough that she seems weak and lethargic then this is very unlikely to be a case where she just needs some bland food and rest. She most definitely needs to be assessed by a veterinarian.

The possibilities include anything from an intestinal blockage, addison's disease (which is a serious condition affecting the adrenal glands), kidney failure and more.

I really hope she is ok!

Thank you for your help. we actually didn't wait for your response as we were too anxious about her symptoms. She has gastroentitis and is being treated with antibiotics.
Thanks again

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (14074 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (68722 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (18699 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (20046 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (10220 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (10953 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (18805 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (19264 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (87315 views)

Tumor on spinal cord. My dog is diagnosed with cancer. An NMR has been done. The tumor is affecting his... (6895 views)