Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool.

Breed: Goldendoodle
My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying to pee and poop but only little liquid driplets come out. She seems weak and lethargic. What could it possibly be?
Thank you!

Hi. It sounds like your dog is quite sick and really should see a vet as soon as possible.

The most concerning thing that you wrote about is the fact that she is straining to urinate. It's possible that she has a bladder stone that is blocking her urinary output. This is not as common in females as in males but when it does happen it is very serious. If the bladder stays blocked for too long then it can lead to kidney failure and this can be causing the lethargy and vomiting.

If she does not have a bladder blockage then there are many other possibilities. It may be that she has abdominal cramps and diarrhea. There are many different causes for this. But, if she is sick enough that she seems weak and lethargic then this is very unlikely to be a case where she just needs some bland food and rest. She most definitely needs to be assessed by a veterinarian.

The possibilities include anything from an intestinal blockage, addison's disease (which is a serious condition affecting the adrenal glands), kidney failure and more.

I really hope she is ok!

Thank you for your help. we actually didn't wait for your response as we were too anxious about her symptoms. She has gastroentitis and is being treated with antibiotics.
Thanks again

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (7900 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (13024 views)

Cat can't move tail or legs. My girlfriend's family saved a cat viciously attacked by dogs in the street in... (27284 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (11405 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (10417 views)

Does vinegar kill fleas? I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas... (7731 views)

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (27547 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (218218 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (14865 views)

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (24812 views)