Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool.

Breed: Goldendoodle
My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying to pee and poop but only little liquid driplets come out. She seems weak and lethargic. What could it possibly be?
Thank you!

Hi. It sounds like your dog is quite sick and really should see a vet as soon as possible.

The most concerning thing that you wrote about is the fact that she is straining to urinate. It's possible that she has a bladder stone that is blocking her urinary output. This is not as common in females as in males but when it does happen it is very serious. If the bladder stays blocked for too long then it can lead to kidney failure and this can be causing the lethargy and vomiting.

If she does not have a bladder blockage then there are many other possibilities. It may be that she has abdominal cramps and diarrhea. There are many different causes for this. But, if she is sick enough that she seems weak and lethargic then this is very unlikely to be a case where she just needs some bland food and rest. She most definitely needs to be assessed by a veterinarian.

The possibilities include anything from an intestinal blockage, addison's disease (which is a serious condition affecting the adrenal glands), kidney failure and more.

I really hope she is ok!

Thank you for your help. we actually didn't wait for your response as we were too anxious about her symptoms. She has gastroentitis and is being treated with antibiotics.
Thanks again

Dog Scorpion Bite. My dog Bella was under the table when she just started screaming! We got her out... (36094 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (23649 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (26313 views)

Wound on ear won't heal. My puppy accidentally scratched her inner ear, the wound scabbed over but now she... (18942 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (33946 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (16291 views)

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (25492 views)

Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes. i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard... (8629 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (10092 views)

Blood in urine My male cat has red staining to his urine, he isn't acting any different but is... (7179 views)