Vomiting and trouble with urination and stool.

Breed: Goldendoodle
My 5 year old goldendoodle vomited (not food regurgitation) this morning, is trying to pee and poop but only little liquid driplets come out. She seems weak and lethargic. What could it possibly be?
Thank you!

Hi. It sounds like your dog is quite sick and really should see a vet as soon as possible.

The most concerning thing that you wrote about is the fact that she is straining to urinate. It's possible that she has a bladder stone that is blocking her urinary output. This is not as common in females as in males but when it does happen it is very serious. If the bladder stays blocked for too long then it can lead to kidney failure and this can be causing the lethargy and vomiting.

If she does not have a bladder blockage then there are many other possibilities. It may be that she has abdominal cramps and diarrhea. There are many different causes for this. But, if she is sick enough that she seems weak and lethargic then this is very unlikely to be a case where she just needs some bland food and rest. She most definitely needs to be assessed by a veterinarian.

The possibilities include anything from an intestinal blockage, addison's disease (which is a serious condition affecting the adrenal glands), kidney failure and more.

I really hope she is ok!

Thank you for your help. we actually didn't wait for your response as we were too anxious about her symptoms. She has gastroentitis and is being treated with antibiotics.
Thanks again

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (12883 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (6737 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (16531 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi. I'm 15 weeks pregnant and worried about my two cats. I know how to avoid... (6639 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (29817 views)

Lethargic after dentistry. Our 3 year old Sheltie was at our local vet yesterday for some shots and to get his... (38933 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (16327 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (12988 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (15956 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (12176 views)