Dog can't move tail.

Breed: Labrador
My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems to be just freely moving. But she doesn't cry when we tug on it or bend it. Could her tail be broken? It just started this evening.

There are a few things that can cause a dog's tail to do this.

Yes, it is possible that the tail is broken. We can also see damage like this if the tail has been pulled. This can do damage to the nerves where the tail meets the body.

Has Chloe been swimming in any cold water lately? If so, there is an actual condition called "Cold Water Tail" or "Limber Tail" which can cause the tail to hang limp. This usually goes away within a few days but it is best to have her treated with anti-inflammatory medication prescribed by your vet.

If the tail is still not right within 24-48 hours then a vet visit is the best idea.

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (6164 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (12649 views)

Pimple on ear. My dog has a pimple on his ear. Its on the inside flap. It only bother him when i... (14116 views)

Grapeseed extract and dogs. Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after... (11012 views)

Skin lesion on gerbil. can you recommend a treatment for what appears to be a hot spot or skin irritation... (6952 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7207 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (20097 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (9281 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (14839 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (6789 views)