Dog can't move tail.

Breed: Labrador
My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems to be just freely moving. But she doesn't cry when we tug on it or bend it. Could her tail be broken? It just started this evening.

There are a few things that can cause a dog's tail to do this.

Yes, it is possible that the tail is broken. We can also see damage like this if the tail has been pulled. This can do damage to the nerves where the tail meets the body.

Has Chloe been swimming in any cold water lately? If so, there is an actual condition called "Cold Water Tail" or "Limber Tail" which can cause the tail to hang limp. This usually goes away within a few days but it is best to have her treated with anti-inflammatory medication prescribed by your vet.

If the tail is still not right within 24-48 hours then a vet visit is the best idea.

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (7359 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (9008 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (41115 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (21739 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (11242 views)

Stretching out back legs. My dog keeps strecting out her back legs and dragging herself... (147933 views)

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (29583 views)

Missing patches of hair. I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed... (10262 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (13284 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (17672 views)