Cat is dying.

Breed: DSH
I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was alwasy healthy. The guy that took care of him retired and dumped him on me. He didn't take to a new home and wasn't eating. He is 22 lbs cuz they fed him junk. He seemed depressed. After a week he wasn't eating, urinating out of the box, dark urine, diarrhea and vomiting. I was giving him fluids. Now its been over a week he doesn't urinated or have bowel movements anymore, vomits fluid once in a while, and sounds gugling noises when he breathes and seems labored. This started when he left his home. I think he is dying. I don't have any money to take him to emergency vet, but I do have access to some meds etc as I volunteer at the local shelter. Sounds like kidney, or uti. He won't take any meds by mouth, he fights and spits it out.

Oh no. This cat sounds extremely ill and really does need to find some way to see a veterinarian.

I can think of several possible reasons for him to be having these symptoms. If he is not urinating at all, it's possible that he has a urinary tract blockage which is a very serious problem. If not treated, it is extremely painful and definitely life threatening.

Whenever a cat's breathing is labored, there is a serious issue going on. It can be a number of things ranging from a serious heart problem to a life threatening infection or even cancer.

The fact that you previously saw dark urine has me concerned that perhaps you were seeing bile pigment in the urine. Overweight cats can be prone to something called fatty liver which again, is very serious.

There really isn't a condition that I can think of that would cause these issues that you could treat at home with medications that you could obtain. Unfortunately it sounds like Smokey is deathly ill and I think that euthanasia may be necessary for him.

You mentioned that you volunteer at the local shelter. In some cases if an animal is suffering a shelter can have access to a veterinarian who will do euthanasia for low or no cost. If this is not possible then the local humane society really should do this for you.

I don't think it is wise to keep trying to treat this cat at home. I wish I had better options for you.

If it helps, I have refunded your money that you paid for this question so that you can put it towards getting him to see a vet.

Hopefully he can be seen very soon!

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (51574 views)

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (12165 views)

Long term effects from chicken jerky? Hello Marie, I have been feeding my dog Wagon Wheel Chicken Strips for the better... (5618 views)

Large lymph nodes. I spoke with you on sunday night about my shih tzu., I brought him to the vet on... (22875 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (7091 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (14682 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (11554 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (4641 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (12633 views)

Dog died after having diarrhea. My dog Dott is a small Aussie mix, weighing about 28 lbs. She is normally very... (25872 views)