Very thirsty kitten.

Breed: domestic
Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl this morning, at first he was a bit lethargic and just wanted to sleep, but hes a bit more playfull now but constantly drinking. he has urinated once this morning in his litter tray, and does not seem interested in his dry food. he is due at vets today for his vaccination.

Hi and thanks for your question.

I have to apologize that I left my online status on when I went to bed last night! Sorry that you did not get a reply right away.

I do get very concerned when a cat is drinking a lot. Your vet will likely want to do some tests on him.

If a cat starts to do this all of a sudden then the first thing I think of is ingestion of some type of toxin. An example would be a toxic houseplant such as some types of lilies. If this is the case many cats can be saved by hospitalizing them and putting them on IV fluids but unfortunately sometimes it can be fatal.

Some cats can be born with kidneys that do not work properly. It is possible that habibbi is going into kidney failure because of a congenital kidney disease but this is quite uncommon.

I have seen some cats that drink a lot because of a new salty food, but it shouldn't be constant like this.

Your vet will do some blood and urine tests and help us to determine how serious this is.

I really hope habibbi is ok!

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (14192 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (8661 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (4806 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (10768 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4929 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (17269 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (9321 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (18005 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (12661 views)

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (23968 views)