Grapeseed extract and dogs.

Breed: Mix
Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after dog was sickened by milos and waggin train... Anyways, dogs shouldn't have grapes so why would the extract be good... I think the treats making dogs ill and worse may have to have something that only affects dogs do won't show as bad in lab tests. I tried to find out online the exact ingredients but can't. So, I don't know if I am on to something but it didn't make sense to have that extract listed on this no name kind. I think the mixed tocopherols may be derived or related to grapes or the propylene glycol is a combo problem... I don't know chemistry, but thought you may. I sound like a crack pot and also tried to email/ask fda, but saw your site and thought it was worth asking. Our dogs survived but I threw those bags away early. And then bought only american made and distributed... Hope this leads to an answer if I am thinking along the right lines... Thanks for your contribution to the public.

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Are grapes bad for dogs?

Thanks for an interesting question.

As far as we know, grapeseed extract is not toxic to dogs. The rationale for this is that we have seen dogs get sick by eating seedless grapes. So, whatever it is that is toxic in grapes for some dogs, does not seem to come from the seeds.

It's a good idea though. You're not a crack pot. :)

I wish they would find the answer to the chicken jerky problem soon!

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (77423 views)

Pitbull with breathing problems. My daughter rescued a pit bull a few years ago. He has been an amazing dog. However,... (16754 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (26866 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (7913 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (54688 views)

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (9058 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (6314 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (12593 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (12249 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (10787 views)