Grapeseed extract and dogs.

Breed: Mix
Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after dog was sickened by milos and waggin train... Anyways, dogs shouldn't have grapes so why would the extract be good... I think the treats making dogs ill and worse may have to have something that only affects dogs do won't show as bad in lab tests. I tried to find out online the exact ingredients but can't. So, I don't know if I am on to something but it didn't make sense to have that extract listed on this no name kind. I think the mixed tocopherols may be derived or related to grapes or the propylene glycol is a combo problem... I don't know chemistry, but thought you may. I sound like a crack pot and also tried to email/ask fda, but saw your site and thought it was worth asking. Our dogs survived but I threw those bags away early. And then bought only american made and distributed... Hope this leads to an answer if I am thinking along the right lines... Thanks for your contribution to the public.

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Are grapes bad for dogs?

Thanks for an interesting question.

As far as we know, grapeseed extract is not toxic to dogs. The rationale for this is that we have seen dogs get sick by eating seedless grapes. So, whatever it is that is toxic in grapes for some dogs, does not seem to come from the seeds.

It's a good idea though. You're not a crack pot. :)

I wish they would find the answer to the chicken jerky problem soon!

Hungry and losing weight. Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (13450 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (9953 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (11479 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (15354 views)

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (65667 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (33008 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (9281 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Our Dog won't eat and drinks very little if any. Friday last weekend Harper's... (18607 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (9314 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (10786 views)