Grapeseed extract and dogs.

Breed: Mix
Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after dog was sickened by milos and waggin train... Anyways, dogs shouldn't have grapes so why would the extract be good... I think the treats making dogs ill and worse may have to have something that only affects dogs do won't show as bad in lab tests. I tried to find out online the exact ingredients but can't. So, I don't know if I am on to something but it didn't make sense to have that extract listed on this no name kind. I think the mixed tocopherols may be derived or related to grapes or the propylene glycol is a combo problem... I don't know chemistry, but thought you may. I sound like a crack pot and also tried to email/ask fda, but saw your site and thought it was worth asking. Our dogs survived but I threw those bags away early. And then bought only american made and distributed... Hope this leads to an answer if I am thinking along the right lines... Thanks for your contribution to the public.

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Are grapes bad for dogs?

Thanks for an interesting question.

As far as we know, grapeseed extract is not toxic to dogs. The rationale for this is that we have seen dogs get sick by eating seedless grapes. So, whatever it is that is toxic in grapes for some dogs, does not seem to come from the seeds.

It's a good idea though. You're not a crack pot. :)

I wish they would find the answer to the chicken jerky problem soon!

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (7935 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (43206 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15023 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (56095 views)

Dog with wound. My pup is 7 months old and two days ago she dug out of her kennel and I didn't see... (17938 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (25765 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (22384 views)

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (4937 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (9572 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (14388 views)