Grapeseed extract and dogs.

Breed: Mix
Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after dog was sickened by milos and waggin train... Anyways, dogs shouldn't have grapes so why would the extract be good... I think the treats making dogs ill and worse may have to have something that only affects dogs do won't show as bad in lab tests. I tried to find out online the exact ingredients but can't. So, I don't know if I am on to something but it didn't make sense to have that extract listed on this no name kind. I think the mixed tocopherols may be derived or related to grapes or the propylene glycol is a combo problem... I don't know chemistry, but thought you may. I sound like a crack pot and also tried to email/ask fda, but saw your site and thought it was worth asking. Our dogs survived but I threw those bags away early. And then bought only american made and distributed... Hope this leads to an answer if I am thinking along the right lines... Thanks for your contribution to the public.

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Are grapes bad for dogs?

Thanks for an interesting question.

As far as we know, grapeseed extract is not toxic to dogs. The rationale for this is that we have seen dogs get sick by eating seedless grapes. So, whatever it is that is toxic in grapes for some dogs, does not seem to come from the seeds.

It's a good idea though. You're not a crack pot. :)

I wish they would find the answer to the chicken jerky problem soon!

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (8755 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (15661 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (16716 views)

Dog with back problems. I know it's log winded, but I wanted to include all the information... (19540 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (11576 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (10618 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (18938 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (7762 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (12091 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (7339 views)