Bad smell on dog.

Breed: doxie
Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on, the couch, floor, blanket, etc. needs to be cleaned when this happens. It's disgusting. It happens off and on. She has already been in heat about a month ago, so that's not it. Can you help us? She clears out the room when this happens. She also licks that area alot when this happens.

Well this sounds like an unpleasant problem!

If the smell is truly coming from her vaginal area then she may have an infection either in her vagina, her vulva, or in the skin folds on either side of the vuvla. If this is the case she'll need some antibiotic tablets prescribed by the vet.

However, if the smell is just coming periodically I'm wondering if this is a problem with her anal glands. You can read more about this type of problem here:

Anal Glands.

In either case though it sounds like she needs to see her vet!

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (9546 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (6411 views)

Kitten's eye is sealed shut. My kitten got either calici virus or the herpes virus and it affected one eye. For... (17178 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (11355 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (15239 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Dear Dr. Marie, I adopted a shelter dog from the southern US last September. He is... (9967 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (4580 views)

Hyperaldosteronism? My niece's 12 yr old cat vomits about every 6 days, gets dehydrated, listless and... (4248 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (5915 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7018 views)