Bad smell on dog.

Breed: doxie
Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on, the couch, floor, blanket, etc. needs to be cleaned when this happens. It's disgusting. It happens off and on. She has already been in heat about a month ago, so that's not it. Can you help us? She clears out the room when this happens. She also licks that area alot when this happens.

Well this sounds like an unpleasant problem!

If the smell is truly coming from her vaginal area then she may have an infection either in her vagina, her vulva, or in the skin folds on either side of the vuvla. If this is the case she'll need some antibiotic tablets prescribed by the vet.

However, if the smell is just coming periodically I'm wondering if this is a problem with her anal glands. You can read more about this type of problem here:

Anal Glands.

In either case though it sounds like she needs to see her vet!

Pimples around a dog's anus. Hi. My name is Anna and I have a 7 month old, predominantly Rhodesian Ridgeback,... (116336 views)

Lumps on cat's abdomen. Cubbie recently (1 week) developed two fibrous (?) lumps, one on each side of her... (25159 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6996 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (14584 views)

Honey for a wound. Whats your opinion on using raw honey to treat and heal my geldings staph abcesses... (8370 views)

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (5086 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (24007 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (11432 views)

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (9233 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (20274 views)