Bad smell on dog.

Breed: doxie
Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on, the couch, floor, blanket, etc. needs to be cleaned when this happens. It's disgusting. It happens off and on. She has already been in heat about a month ago, so that's not it. Can you help us? She clears out the room when this happens. She also licks that area alot when this happens.

Well this sounds like an unpleasant problem!

If the smell is truly coming from her vaginal area then she may have an infection either in her vagina, her vulva, or in the skin folds on either side of the vuvla. If this is the case she'll need some antibiotic tablets prescribed by the vet.

However, if the smell is just coming periodically I'm wondering if this is a problem with her anal glands. You can read more about this type of problem here:

Anal Glands.

In either case though it sounds like she needs to see her vet!

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (5636 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (12647 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (6883 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (9792 views)

Pocket pets and cats. I have been considering adding a small pocket pet as a companion to my home. I... (4199 views)

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (8521 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (6843 views)

Swollen cheek on puppy. 3 days ago I came home to find my dogs right cheek swollen to golf ball size. ... (15516 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (16210 views)

Increased thirst and urination. I have an 11 year old spayed female toy poodle. She has been drinking a lot of water... (24904 views)