Bad smell on dog.

Breed: doxie
Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on, the couch, floor, blanket, etc. needs to be cleaned when this happens. It's disgusting. It happens off and on. She has already been in heat about a month ago, so that's not it. Can you help us? She clears out the room when this happens. She also licks that area alot when this happens.

Well this sounds like an unpleasant problem!

If the smell is truly coming from her vaginal area then she may have an infection either in her vagina, her vulva, or in the skin folds on either side of the vuvla. If this is the case she'll need some antibiotic tablets prescribed by the vet.

However, if the smell is just coming periodically I'm wondering if this is a problem with her anal glands. You can read more about this type of problem here:

Anal Glands.

In either case though it sounds like she needs to see her vet!

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (132096 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (14168 views)

Vomiting dog Hi Marie, Our dog is a 5 year old Lhasa male (entire).Which we bought to China with... (26019 views)

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (23262 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (21146 views)

Anal sac abscess. my dogs butt is very pouched out and red and leaking pus what can i do for my little... (14603 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (9026 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (9457 views)

Trifexis overdose? I think my Beagle gulped down my Coonhound's Trifexis dose. The Beage just had his... (31906 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (73392 views)