Bad smell on dog.

Breed: doxie
Our doxie gets the worst smell coming from her vagina area. Whatever she sits on, the couch, floor, blanket, etc. needs to be cleaned when this happens. It's disgusting. It happens off and on. She has already been in heat about a month ago, so that's not it. Can you help us? She clears out the room when this happens. She also licks that area alot when this happens.

Well this sounds like an unpleasant problem!

If the smell is truly coming from her vaginal area then she may have an infection either in her vagina, her vulva, or in the skin folds on either side of the vuvla. If this is the case she'll need some antibiotic tablets prescribed by the vet.

However, if the smell is just coming periodically I'm wondering if this is a problem with her anal glands. You can read more about this type of problem here:

Anal Glands.

In either case though it sounds like she needs to see her vet!

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (17878 views)

Ovarian remnant syndrome. Hi there, We had our beautiful, angel, female kitten spayed just over one month... (6787 views)

Lump under eye. Hello Marie My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left... (50374 views)

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (11558 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (98024 views)

Are chicken feces toxic? I've heard that chicken poop is bad for dogs, is this true? if so, what can i do... (90604 views)

Fearful Sheltie. my dog is very nervous of new people and places. she is very nervous and can't focus... (9466 views)

Doxycycline and amoxicillin. My dog is believed to have Lyme disease, her test was negative but our vet thought... (19530 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15617 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (10291 views)