Paying for megacolon surgery.

Breed: snowfoot siamese
hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be able to help him he is as smart as any cat can be i do not have the money to pay my rent much less surgery. but he deserves so much more even if i have to give him away at least he will live a better life then i can give him ill be fine. Armond has already been back in forth to the vet on Lactulose and Cisapride we give him enemas and a high fiber moist diet but to no avail. If you know anything that can help please. thank you

Oh, I am sorry to hear this. Megacolon is one of my least favorite conditions to treat. While some cats do well with the repeated medications and special foods, a good number of cats end up completely losing the ability to move food along.

Unfortunately when this happens we are left with two unpleasant choices - an expensive surgery, or euthanasia.

I can tell you that I have treated several cats that got to this point and have not had many where the owners were able or willing to pay for surgery. However, if you can have surgery done the majority of cats do extremely well.

You may want to try some of the resources listed here to see if you can get some help:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Two other great companies that help people with payment plans are:

http://www.carecredit.com
http://www.medicard.com

I really hope Armond does ok!

Rodent ulcer treatment options. My cat is 9 yrs old has it 4th case of rodent ulcer on its mouth usely it takes... (12771 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (45243 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (83057 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (14226 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (5785 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (8686 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (7535 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (12928 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (9580 views)

Pit bull has bald patches. Hi, we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and... (4404 views)