Paying for megacolon surgery.

Breed: snowfoot siamese
hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be able to help him he is as smart as any cat can be i do not have the money to pay my rent much less surgery. but he deserves so much more even if i have to give him away at least he will live a better life then i can give him ill be fine. Armond has already been back in forth to the vet on Lactulose and Cisapride we give him enemas and a high fiber moist diet but to no avail. If you know anything that can help please. thank you

Oh, I am sorry to hear this. Megacolon is one of my least favorite conditions to treat. While some cats do well with the repeated medications and special foods, a good number of cats end up completely losing the ability to move food along.

Unfortunately when this happens we are left with two unpleasant choices - an expensive surgery, or euthanasia.

I can tell you that I have treated several cats that got to this point and have not had many where the owners were able or willing to pay for surgery. However, if you can have surgery done the majority of cats do extremely well.

You may want to try some of the resources listed here to see if you can get some help:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Two other great companies that help people with payment plans are:

http://www.carecredit.com
http://www.medicard.com

I really hope Armond does ok!

Rabbit euthanasia questions. I had my bunny put down due to a spinal injury. The vet said they gave her gas to... (6384 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (9425 views)

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (7064 views)

Brown fur from licking. Plato has been licking his paws, face and butt a lot. Now those areas are turning... (46644 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (7181 views)

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (38331 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (16343 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (14665 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (6176 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (21240 views)