Paying for megacolon surgery.

Breed: snowfoot siamese
hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be able to help him he is as smart as any cat can be i do not have the money to pay my rent much less surgery. but he deserves so much more even if i have to give him away at least he will live a better life then i can give him ill be fine. Armond has already been back in forth to the vet on Lactulose and Cisapride we give him enemas and a high fiber moist diet but to no avail. If you know anything that can help please. thank you

Oh, I am sorry to hear this. Megacolon is one of my least favorite conditions to treat. While some cats do well with the repeated medications and special foods, a good number of cats end up completely losing the ability to move food along.

Unfortunately when this happens we are left with two unpleasant choices - an expensive surgery, or euthanasia.

I can tell you that I have treated several cats that got to this point and have not had many where the owners were able or willing to pay for surgery. However, if you can have surgery done the majority of cats do extremely well.

You may want to try some of the resources listed here to see if you can get some help:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Two other great companies that help people with payment plans are:

http://www.carecredit.com
http://www.medicard.com

I really hope Armond does ok!

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (14311 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (23463 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (23309 views)

Cat has scabs on neck. Hi! My cat wont stop scratching himself..he is an indoor cat and it just randomly... (11807 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (5036 views)

Swollen eye and face. Hello, My 12.5 years old dog, Siberian husky, (in very good condition... (11377 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (5752 views)

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (17976 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (60536 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (21248 views)