Paying for megacolon surgery.

Breed: snowfoot siamese
hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be able to help him he is as smart as any cat can be i do not have the money to pay my rent much less surgery. but he deserves so much more even if i have to give him away at least he will live a better life then i can give him ill be fine. Armond has already been back in forth to the vet on Lactulose and Cisapride we give him enemas and a high fiber moist diet but to no avail. If you know anything that can help please. thank you

Oh, I am sorry to hear this. Megacolon is one of my least favorite conditions to treat. While some cats do well with the repeated medications and special foods, a good number of cats end up completely losing the ability to move food along.

Unfortunately when this happens we are left with two unpleasant choices - an expensive surgery, or euthanasia.

I can tell you that I have treated several cats that got to this point and have not had many where the owners were able or willing to pay for surgery. However, if you can have surgery done the majority of cats do extremely well.

You may want to try some of the resources listed here to see if you can get some help:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Two other great companies that help people with payment plans are:

http://www.carecredit.com
http://www.medicard.com

I really hope Armond does ok!

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (8265 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (7112 views)

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (6777 views)

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (15467 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7618 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (10340 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (60961 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (11230 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (13197 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (12270 views)