Dog keeps licking butt.

Breed: poodle/chihuahua mix
My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands expressed. What else could be the problem?

If a dog is continually licking her hind end, even after having the anal glands expressed then I often wonder about the possibility of an anal sac infection. It is often hard to tell whether a dog's anal sacs are infected, but one sign is that the dog continues to be bothered by the glands even after having them expressed.

I have also seen dogs have an itchy bum because of a small wound on the anus. If this is the case I usually prescribe a hydrocortisone cream to put on the area until healed.

There are other possibilities as well such as a mass inside the anus or even allergies. It sounds like she will need to see a vet soon. Hope all is well!

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (38551 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (30294 views)

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (18095 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (28089 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (9152 views)

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (16606 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (12755 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (11299 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (34853 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (35067 views)