Dog keeps licking butt.

Breed: poodle/chihuahua mix
My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands expressed. What else could be the problem?

If a dog is continually licking her hind end, even after having the anal glands expressed then I often wonder about the possibility of an anal sac infection. It is often hard to tell whether a dog's anal sacs are infected, but one sign is that the dog continues to be bothered by the glands even after having them expressed.

I have also seen dogs have an itchy bum because of a small wound on the anus. If this is the case I usually prescribe a hydrocortisone cream to put on the area until healed.

There are other possibilities as well such as a mass inside the anus or even allergies. It sounds like she will need to see a vet soon. Hope all is well!

Snorting dog My dog has been sneezing and once ina while making a coughing sound...like snoring. ... (26558 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7818 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (13579 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (19145 views)

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (7953 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11816 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (26702 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (538593 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15278 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (22130 views)