Dog keeps licking butt.

Breed: poodle/chihuahua mix
My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands expressed. What else could be the problem?

If a dog is continually licking her hind end, even after having the anal glands expressed then I often wonder about the possibility of an anal sac infection. It is often hard to tell whether a dog's anal sacs are infected, but one sign is that the dog continues to be bothered by the glands even after having them expressed.

I have also seen dogs have an itchy bum because of a small wound on the anus. If this is the case I usually prescribe a hydrocortisone cream to put on the area until healed.

There are other possibilities as well such as a mass inside the anus or even allergies. It sounds like she will need to see a vet soon. Hope all is well!

Bald spot on hamster. My dwarf hamster has a rather large bald spot above her left front leg. I noticed... (26025 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (11396 views)

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (15130 views)

Vomited dewormer. I took Tommy to get his 12wk shots at Petco. He was given a yellow oral medicine not... (6698 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (7421 views)

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (11044 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (18746 views)

Did air freshener kill my dog? hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused... (11260 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (13748 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7843 views)