Dog keeps licking butt.

Breed: poodle/chihuahua mix
My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands expressed. What else could be the problem?

If a dog is continually licking her hind end, even after having the anal glands expressed then I often wonder about the possibility of an anal sac infection. It is often hard to tell whether a dog's anal sacs are infected, but one sign is that the dog continues to be bothered by the glands even after having them expressed.

I have also seen dogs have an itchy bum because of a small wound on the anus. If this is the case I usually prescribe a hydrocortisone cream to put on the area until healed.

There are other possibilities as well such as a mass inside the anus or even allergies. It sounds like she will need to see a vet soon. Hope all is well!

Swollen dog testicles. can dogs get testuculer or prostate cancers? my dog has swollen testicles, and is... (35221 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (21338 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (38939 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (8397 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (30281 views)

Bad breath he has bad breath is there a way to look after it without the vet... (7460 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (100770 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (6770 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10428 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (9346 views)