Puppy has red weepy eyes.

Breed: rack russell
my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot, i have tried dabbing them with tissue but it doesn't help, what should i do? thank you

Hi and thanks for your question! This is a little hard to answer without actually seeing Moomin's eyes.

If you are seeing just a clear discharge from the eyes then there may not be anything to be concerned about.

However, if you are seeing a gunky yellow or green discharge then this is likely an infection and needs to be treated with medication prescribed by the vet.

Some dogs can sometimes have irritated eyes if they have a condition called entropion. This happens when an eyelid is rolling in and the hairs from the dog's face are poking into the eye. If this is happening, some dogs get better as they grow, but some will need surgery to correct it.

If you are seeing a large red swelling inside the lid of the eye this could be something called a cherry eye. These usually need surgery to be corrected but sometimes get better on their own.

If the puppy doesn't seem to be too bothered then it is ok to wait for a while. But, if there is squinting or if there is a green or yellow discharge then a vet visit is a good idea.

I hope all is well!

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (10586 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (22405 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (22411 views)

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (9169 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (38434 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (16106 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (8234 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (7641 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (34230 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (15345 views)