Possible rabies.

Breed: pitbull and rottweil
My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he has been acting strange such as starting at the family members wierdly, espeacially me. When i touch him he starts to growl, yet he keeps coming around me. Everyones a bit scared to go near him. I'm worried that he might be going crazy. He has recieved his vaccines up to date except for the previous year. He currently has a pretty bad ear infection and I cannot afford to bring him to the vet right now. I'm not sure which one of the these factors is causing him to act strangly. He has bitten other family members before as well but remained normal. This time things seem different. Please, if you can reply telling me what i should do and if there's anything wrong with my dog that would be very helpful. Thank You

Hi there. I am really concerned about the possibility of rabies in your dog.

No matter what, you need to have your dog examined by a veterinarian right away. Be sure to tell them before they start to examine the dog that you have a concern for rabies.

You also need to go to the hospital and tell them what happened so that they can start treatment for rabies just in case.

It is also possible that the pain from the ear infection is causing him to not feel well. However, it is not safe to assume that this is the case. Any time there is a possibility of a rabid dog biting a person this is a life or death situation.

Please heed my advice and go to the hospital immediately even if you don't feel you have any symptoms. If you have been infected with rabies it is fatal if treatment is not started early enough.

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (7775 views)

Do cats get chicken pox? it is not of a cat of mine a cat i saw he had spots that looked alot like chickenpox... (29156 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (8948 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (13969 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (28198 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (22049 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (11869 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (61464 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (6235 views)

Pancreatic enzymes. How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the... (9302 views)