Possible rabies.

Breed: pitbull and rottweil
My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he has been acting strange such as starting at the family members wierdly, espeacially me. When i touch him he starts to growl, yet he keeps coming around me. Everyones a bit scared to go near him. I'm worried that he might be going crazy. He has recieved his vaccines up to date except for the previous year. He currently has a pretty bad ear infection and I cannot afford to bring him to the vet right now. I'm not sure which one of the these factors is causing him to act strangly. He has bitten other family members before as well but remained normal. This time things seem different. Please, if you can reply telling me what i should do and if there's anything wrong with my dog that would be very helpful. Thank You

Hi there. I am really concerned about the possibility of rabies in your dog.

No matter what, you need to have your dog examined by a veterinarian right away. Be sure to tell them before they start to examine the dog that you have a concern for rabies.

You also need to go to the hospital and tell them what happened so that they can start treatment for rabies just in case.

It is also possible that the pain from the ear infection is causing him to not feel well. However, it is not safe to assume that this is the case. Any time there is a possibility of a rabid dog biting a person this is a life or death situation.

Please heed my advice and go to the hospital immediately even if you don't feel you have any symptoms. If you have been infected with rabies it is fatal if treatment is not started early enough.

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (16334 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (8161 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (7442 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (15969 views)

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (12221 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (30999 views)

Pumpkin for anal glands. My dog has anal gland troubles, the vet mentioned fiber treats, I was wondering for... (33976 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (6688 views)

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (30915 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (12022 views)