Possible rabies.

Breed: pitbull and rottweil
My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he has been acting strange such as starting at the family members wierdly, espeacially me. When i touch him he starts to growl, yet he keeps coming around me. Everyones a bit scared to go near him. I'm worried that he might be going crazy. He has recieved his vaccines up to date except for the previous year. He currently has a pretty bad ear infection and I cannot afford to bring him to the vet right now. I'm not sure which one of the these factors is causing him to act strangly. He has bitten other family members before as well but remained normal. This time things seem different. Please, if you can reply telling me what i should do and if there's anything wrong with my dog that would be very helpful. Thank You

Hi there. I am really concerned about the possibility of rabies in your dog.

No matter what, you need to have your dog examined by a veterinarian right away. Be sure to tell them before they start to examine the dog that you have a concern for rabies.

You also need to go to the hospital and tell them what happened so that they can start treatment for rabies just in case.

It is also possible that the pain from the ear infection is causing him to not feel well. However, it is not safe to assume that this is the case. Any time there is a possibility of a rabid dog biting a person this is a life or death situation.

Please heed my advice and go to the hospital immediately even if you don't feel you have any symptoms. If you have been infected with rabies it is fatal if treatment is not started early enough.

Cat with broken pelvis-not eating. My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed,... (10367 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (10784 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (20148 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (7253 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (5749 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (7631 views)

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (4594 views)

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (4975 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (15930 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (10031 views)