Possible rabies.

Breed: pitbull and rottweil
My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he has been acting strange such as starting at the family members wierdly, espeacially me. When i touch him he starts to growl, yet he keeps coming around me. Everyones a bit scared to go near him. I'm worried that he might be going crazy. He has recieved his vaccines up to date except for the previous year. He currently has a pretty bad ear infection and I cannot afford to bring him to the vet right now. I'm not sure which one of the these factors is causing him to act strangly. He has bitten other family members before as well but remained normal. This time things seem different. Please, if you can reply telling me what i should do and if there's anything wrong with my dog that would be very helpful. Thank You

Hi there. I am really concerned about the possibility of rabies in your dog.

No matter what, you need to have your dog examined by a veterinarian right away. Be sure to tell them before they start to examine the dog that you have a concern for rabies.

You also need to go to the hospital and tell them what happened so that they can start treatment for rabies just in case.

It is also possible that the pain from the ear infection is causing him to not feel well. However, it is not safe to assume that this is the case. Any time there is a possibility of a rabid dog biting a person this is a life or death situation.

Please heed my advice and go to the hospital immediately even if you don't feel you have any symptoms. If you have been infected with rabies it is fatal if treatment is not started early enough.

Dog with bloody stool. Hi, I mistakenly changed my dog's food without mixing which I now know is a big... (12166 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (40097 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (23068 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (7316 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (7764 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (15776 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (9236 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (38531 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (22420 views)

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (79371 views)