Possible rabies.

Breed: pitbull and rottweil
My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he has been acting strange such as starting at the family members wierdly, espeacially me. When i touch him he starts to growl, yet he keeps coming around me. Everyones a bit scared to go near him. I'm worried that he might be going crazy. He has recieved his vaccines up to date except for the previous year. He currently has a pretty bad ear infection and I cannot afford to bring him to the vet right now. I'm not sure which one of the these factors is causing him to act strangly. He has bitten other family members before as well but remained normal. This time things seem different. Please, if you can reply telling me what i should do and if there's anything wrong with my dog that would be very helpful. Thank You

Hi there. I am really concerned about the possibility of rabies in your dog.

No matter what, you need to have your dog examined by a veterinarian right away. Be sure to tell them before they start to examine the dog that you have a concern for rabies.

You also need to go to the hospital and tell them what happened so that they can start treatment for rabies just in case.

It is also possible that the pain from the ear infection is causing him to not feel well. However, it is not safe to assume that this is the case. Any time there is a possibility of a rabid dog biting a person this is a life or death situation.

Please heed my advice and go to the hospital immediately even if you don't feel you have any symptoms. If you have been infected with rabies it is fatal if treatment is not started early enough.

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (12146 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (32822 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (11396 views)

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (122272 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (5886 views)

Missing patches of hair. I just got my chocolate lab from out of town a few days ago and I have noticed... (10672 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (12694 views)

Dog is limping. Denaro has had a limp in his left front leg for about a month, it goes from a... (16564 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (10814 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (18488 views)