Vomiting every time she eats.

Breed: house cat
My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the problem?

Hi Kim. Sorry to hear that you are having this problem!

There are many things that can cause a cat to vomit. Some amount of vomiting can be normal but if it is happening every time she eats then this has me concerned. The most common reason for a young cat to vomit after eating is a foreign object in her stomach. Some of these can be moved along with medication prescribed by your vet but often these cats need surgery.

If your cat is also feeling lethargic or not eating much then causes could include an infection from a fight wound, ingestion of a toxin such as certain plants, or several other things. -f a cat has been inappetant for more than 24 hours I always recommend a vet visit.

If your cat is still really bright another problem could be inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Many cats with IBD will only have vomiting as a symptom. IBD is treated with steroids prescribed by the vet.

If you have more questions, let me know. I am just heading in to church so it may be a couple of hours before I can reply. I hope everything is ok!!!

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (19793 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (29932 views)

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (7012 views)

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (32285 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (8494 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (16088 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (8596 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (5587 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13650 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (6613 views)