Vomiting every time she eats.

Breed: house cat
My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the problem?

Hi Kim. Sorry to hear that you are having this problem!

There are many things that can cause a cat to vomit. Some amount of vomiting can be normal but if it is happening every time she eats then this has me concerned. The most common reason for a young cat to vomit after eating is a foreign object in her stomach. Some of these can be moved along with medication prescribed by your vet but often these cats need surgery.

If your cat is also feeling lethargic or not eating much then causes could include an infection from a fight wound, ingestion of a toxin such as certain plants, or several other things. -f a cat has been inappetant for more than 24 hours I always recommend a vet visit.

If your cat is still really bright another problem could be inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Many cats with IBD will only have vomiting as a symptom. IBD is treated with steroids prescribed by the vet.

If you have more questions, let me know. I am just heading in to church so it may be a couple of hours before I can reply. I hope everything is ok!!!

Debris on cat's eye. Good afternoon! My cat seems to be having eye issues. 6 months ago I took her to... (11994 views)

Pit bull has pus and is off balance. Hi Dr.Marie, i was wondering if you could please answer a question for me. My dog... (7221 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (8159 views)

Anal tumor. I have an 8 year old male labrador retriever, we has terrible hips problems in which... (12623 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (5501 views)

Lump on ear flap. hello, what it is my dog ruby has this lump on the flap of her ear its soft feels... (8577 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11422 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (34203 views)

Hamster too cold? hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and... (6728 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (9901 views)