Lump on puppy's neck.

Breed: Azkal
Hello Dr. Marie
I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my 2 and a half months old puppy,he has a soft lump in his neck and i noticed it about 3 days now..And we happened to have 2 puppies and they all got this lump in their neck and so they died..and now my new puppy has it also, so I'm very worried 'coz he might also die..I'm so hoping that you'd answer my question,I really want to know what is that Lump in my puppy's neck looks like there's a liquid inside.

This definitely sounds like something that requires a vet visit.

If multiple puppies died after having a lump in their neck, this might be something called puppy strangles. This is a condition that is usually able to be treated with steroids which are not terribly expensive. But, left untreated it can be fatal.

It could also be an abscess, perhaps as a result from a bite from another pet. If this is the case, then antibiotics will be needed.

Hope everything is ok!

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (16237 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (26610 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (14987 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (13843 views)

Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery? I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i... (12102 views)

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (10594 views)

Can I get toxoplasmosis from my dog? I've caught my dog eating stray cat feces in my yard several times. I would then... (37669 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (5670 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (14689 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (17008 views)