Lump on puppy's neck.

Breed: Azkal
Hello Dr. Marie
I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my 2 and a half months old puppy,he has a soft lump in his neck and i noticed it about 3 days now..And we happened to have 2 puppies and they all got this lump in their neck and so they died..and now my new puppy has it also, so I'm very worried 'coz he might also die..I'm so hoping that you'd answer my question,I really want to know what is that Lump in my puppy's neck looks like there's a liquid inside.

This definitely sounds like something that requires a vet visit.

If multiple puppies died after having a lump in their neck, this might be something called puppy strangles. This is a condition that is usually able to be treated with steroids which are not terribly expensive. But, left untreated it can be fatal.

It could also be an abscess, perhaps as a result from a bite from another pet. If this is the case, then antibiotics will be needed.

Hope everything is ok!

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (10508 views)

Cat with hyperthyroidism. Hi again! I spoke to you last week regarding the bad behavior of my cat. She has... (21329 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (7902 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (19937 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (10968 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (45135 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (9554 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (8595 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (72258 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (11809 views)