Will removing an eye affect my dog?

Breed: Wheaton Terrier
Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in the vet hospital so too early to know for sure. How will the loss of one eye affect his future re activities, functions, adaptability, etc. We are the concerned "grandparents".

Thank you kindly,
Karen.

I'm sorry to hear about Oscar's accident. To answer your question, though, a dog can live very happily with only one eye.

Having an eye removed should not affect his quality of life in any way.

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (11372 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (31496 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (10041 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (12064 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (10479 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (43281 views)

Dog can't move tail. My dog's tail is bent at the base and it is almost as if she can't move it. It seems... (11037 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (20131 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4567 views)

Vomiting, quiet cat. My 5 year old cat starting vomiting on Sunday - a few times and then vomited clear... (14890 views)