Will removing an eye affect my dog?

Breed: Wheaton Terrier
Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in the vet hospital so too early to know for sure. How will the loss of one eye affect his future re activities, functions, adaptability, etc. We are the concerned "grandparents".

Thank you kindly,
Karen.

I'm sorry to hear about Oscar's accident. To answer your question, though, a dog can live very happily with only one eye.

Having an eye removed should not affect his quality of life in any way.

Joint pain in a dog. Hello my dog Menew, is a Akita/husky he is 15 years old and has arthrities, some... (17865 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (30531 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (11772 views)

Should I spay my older dog? Greetings, I have an 8 year old female shih tzu that never had any puppies,and... (20204 views)

Dog only has one testicle. my dog has only one penis can it mate... (16254 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (13258 views)

Cat pooping in the house. Princess has recently started pooping around the house (about 2 months). I have had... (26963 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (6546 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (7512 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (10621 views)