Will removing an eye affect my dog?

Breed: Wheaton Terrier
Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in the vet hospital so too early to know for sure. How will the loss of one eye affect his future re activities, functions, adaptability, etc. We are the concerned "grandparents".

Thank you kindly,
Karen.

I'm sorry to hear about Oscar's accident. To answer your question, though, a dog can live very happily with only one eye.

Having an eye removed should not affect his quality of life in any way.

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (12880 views)

Dog looks depressed. Hello, Dr. My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the... (8590 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (8214 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (28007 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (44300 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (10870 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (7397 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (5711 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4830 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (9128 views)