Brown bugs on my dog.

Breed: Pomeranian x Chihuah
I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered something new about her. I found her always scratching herself, then last night I saw a brown bug that's about the size of a match head. My brother also found one, and my aunt found 2. I'm very new to this! I don't know what to do. Oh, and I haven't given her a shower since I got her because she just had her vaccination. I'm going to wash her tomorrow. What can I do to resolve this problem and how do I maintain it?

Those definitely sound like fleas! I've written a thorough article on fleas which you can read here: Fleas.

Coughing blood and mucus. Marvin has been periodically coughing up mucus with blood in it. He has a tumor of... (30100 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (13846 views)

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (14761 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (8733 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (6569 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (19769 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (19454 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (53328 views)

Gabapentin and Metacam My 19 year old cat, Lily, has chronic arthritis pain. We have tried Cosequin and it... (10040 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (8069 views)