Brown bugs on my dog.

Breed: Pomeranian x Chihuah
I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered something new about her. I found her always scratching herself, then last night I saw a brown bug that's about the size of a match head. My brother also found one, and my aunt found 2. I'm very new to this! I don't know what to do. Oh, and I haven't given her a shower since I got her because she just had her vaccination. I'm going to wash her tomorrow. What can I do to resolve this problem and how do I maintain it?

Those definitely sound like fleas! I've written a thorough article on fleas which you can read here: Fleas.

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (20309 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (15700 views)

Painful dog. I have a small dog, under 20 pounds, that I rescued off the street in Mexico. I'm... (12040 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (9985 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (12766 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (26713 views)

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (25783 views)

Dog ate duck bones. Hi Dr. Marie, Poppy nipped one piece of cooked duck wing bone 2 days ago at lunch... (49196 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (11276 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (11584 views)