Brown bugs on my dog.

Breed: Pomeranian x Chihuah
I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered something new about her. I found her always scratching herself, then last night I saw a brown bug that's about the size of a match head. My brother also found one, and my aunt found 2. I'm very new to this! I don't know what to do. Oh, and I haven't given her a shower since I got her because she just had her vaccination. I'm going to wash her tomorrow. What can I do to resolve this problem and how do I maintain it?

Those definitely sound like fleas! I've written a thorough article on fleas which you can read here: Fleas.

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (24302 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (17624 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (115468 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (14911 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (9903 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (4844 views)

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (24422 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (22201 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (6219 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (6291 views)