Brown bugs on my dog.

Breed: Pomeranian x Chihuah
I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered something new about her. I found her always scratching herself, then last night I saw a brown bug that's about the size of a match head. My brother also found one, and my aunt found 2. I'm very new to this! I don't know what to do. Oh, and I haven't given her a shower since I got her because she just had her vaccination. I'm going to wash her tomorrow. What can I do to resolve this problem and how do I maintain it?

Those definitely sound like fleas! I've written a thorough article on fleas which you can read here: Fleas.

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (10712 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (26705 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (16552 views)

Remove baby teeth with spay? Hello, My wife's puppy is 9 months old. she weighs 3.6 pounds. She needs to get... (12768 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (16844 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (9910 views)

Pancreatitis in dogs. A few days ago my little 8 pounds, 2 years old chihuahua was having an upset... (25533 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (13826 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (13879 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (10114 views)