Brown bugs on my dog.

Breed: Pomeranian x Chihuah
I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered something new about her. I found her always scratching herself, then last night I saw a brown bug that's about the size of a match head. My brother also found one, and my aunt found 2. I'm very new to this! I don't know what to do. Oh, and I haven't given her a shower since I got her because she just had her vaccination. I'm going to wash her tomorrow. What can I do to resolve this problem and how do I maintain it?

Those definitely sound like fleas! I've written a thorough article on fleas which you can read here: Fleas.

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (11050 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (14080 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (12164 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (9872 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (11386 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (25481 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (7279 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (16480 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (7234 views)

Seizures or syncopal episodes? For some history, Bella is a 12 year old pug who is as healthy as you can expect a... (7224 views)