How many vaccines for a puppy?

Breed: shih tzu

Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should be given 2 more shots to complete the antivirus.?

One vaccination as a puppy is not going to be enough protection against parvo virus or the other viruses that are usually in these shots (usually distemper, adenovirus, hepatitis, parvo virus and parainfluenza.) Your dog will need to have at least one more vaccine, a month later, and depending on her age, possibly another one a month after that.

You can read more information here on vaccination schedules.

Insulin shock Lucy is diabetic.She gets 4units 2x daily with food..Monday she started to have... (6131 views)

Kennel cough in pregnant dog. My dog just started very mild reverse sneeze/sneezing and slight runny nose I'm... (16562 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (7670 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (11249 views)

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (9285 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (4201 views)

Toxic to pets? I am going green and looking for a floor cleaning solution that is dog safe. I was... (5079 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (6678 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (6316 views)

Increased thirst and urination. Hi Dr. Marie, This question concerns crystals in urine. Starting about 1 week... (4451 views)