How many vaccines for a puppy?

Breed: shih tzu

Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should be given 2 more shots to complete the antivirus.?

One vaccination as a puppy is not going to be enough protection against parvo virus or the other viruses that are usually in these shots (usually distemper, adenovirus, hepatitis, parvo virus and parainfluenza.) Your dog will need to have at least one more vaccine, a month later, and depending on her age, possibly another one a month after that.

You can read more information here on vaccination schedules.

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (14100 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (7546 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (6422 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (24209 views)

Cat urinalysis. Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! My cat DB had a Urinalysis (by... (9878 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (21942 views)

FIP? Fever and fluid. We brought Mo into the vet two weeks ago because he had stopped eating and grooming... (10053 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (33585 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (23522 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (8048 views)