Dog has smelly ears.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come close to his ears it becomes strong i just wanted to know if it is anything to worry about

thankyou for all your time

from rachel

Smelly ears are usually an indication of some type of infection. If I had to guess, I would think this would be a yeast infection.

There is no at home treatment for ear infections that works. I would definitely recommend having your vet take a look. They may do a test called a cytology where they put a swab in the ears and then look under the microscope to determine:

-is there an infection?
-is it yeast or bacteria or a combination of both?
-what medication needs to be used?
-how long do the ears need to be treated for?

Hope everything works out ok!

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (25160 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (8903 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (14071 views)

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (8697 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (8523 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (48706 views)

Limping on rear leg. Hello Dr. Marie! Buddy came to us about six months ago a stray. Though it was... (23663 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (30288 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (5759 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (9602 views)