Dog has smelly ears.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come close to his ears it becomes strong i just wanted to know if it is anything to worry about

thankyou for all your time

from rachel

Smelly ears are usually an indication of some type of infection. If I had to guess, I would think this would be a yeast infection.

There is no at home treatment for ear infections that works. I would definitely recommend having your vet take a look. They may do a test called a cytology where they put a swab in the ears and then look under the microscope to determine:

-is there an infection?
-is it yeast or bacteria or a combination of both?
-what medication needs to be used?
-how long do the ears need to be treated for?

Hope everything works out ok!

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (35316 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (13965 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (23092 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (11088 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (17542 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (7144 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (11694 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (8911 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (6196 views)

Duck jerky making dogs sick? If chicken strips (jerky) might be a problem, what about duck? I have bags of both... (8201 views)