Dog has smelly ears.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come close to his ears it becomes strong i just wanted to know if it is anything to worry about

thankyou for all your time

from rachel

Smelly ears are usually an indication of some type of infection. If I had to guess, I would think this would be a yeast infection.

There is no at home treatment for ear infections that works. I would definitely recommend having your vet take a look. They may do a test called a cytology where they put a swab in the ears and then look under the microscope to determine:

-is there an infection?
-is it yeast or bacteria or a combination of both?
-what medication needs to be used?
-how long do the ears need to be treated for?

Hope everything works out ok!

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (17037 views)

Wheezing dog. My dog wheezes just after going on a walk with me and then proceeds to act sick or... (9856 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (8552 views)

Dog with bloody stool. Hi, I mistakenly changed my dog's food without mixing which I now know is a big... (14916 views)

Rapid breathing in sleep. My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out... (125111 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (17158 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (10946 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (27758 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (12968 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (13037 views)