Dog has smelly ears.

Breed: miniature schnauzer
hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come close to his ears it becomes strong i just wanted to know if it is anything to worry about

thankyou for all your time

from rachel

Smelly ears are usually an indication of some type of infection. If I had to guess, I would think this would be a yeast infection.

There is no at home treatment for ear infections that works. I would definitely recommend having your vet take a look. They may do a test called a cytology where they put a swab in the ears and then look under the microscope to determine:

-is there an infection?
-is it yeast or bacteria or a combination of both?
-what medication needs to be used?
-how long do the ears need to be treated for?

Hope everything works out ok!

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (5972 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9004 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (9352 views)

Did air freshener kill my dog? hi. my dog, simon, a jack russell/poodle, died of kidney failure which was caused... (10956 views)

Low T4 and thyroid medicine. I have a 6yr old lab mix (approx 70 lbs) that was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4394 views)

Sick puppy. Our Westie puppy, Minnie, is 12 weeks old today. We got her 23 days ago. From Day... (10111 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (13110 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (4995 views)

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (11168 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (14370 views)