Tug of war caused hernia?

Breed: dingo, pit bull
Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a hernia?
Thanks

No, playing tug of war would not cause a dog to develop a hernia. However, it is possible that if a hernia was "just about to happen" (i.e. the muscles were very weak), then the tugging could be the final straw.

I would guess, though, in most situations that if your dog has a hernia, it was always present and was not at all caused by the tugging game.

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (45865 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (6087 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (15040 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (60833 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9907 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (17011 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (12576 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (96715 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (23695 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (8784 views)