Tug of war caused hernia?

Breed: dingo, pit bull
Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a hernia?
Thanks

No, playing tug of war would not cause a dog to develop a hernia. However, it is possible that if a hernia was "just about to happen" (i.e. the muscles were very weak), then the tugging could be the final straw.

I would guess, though, in most situations that if your dog has a hernia, it was always present and was not at all caused by the tugging game.

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (14014 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (556201 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (14031 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (16911 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (12296 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (11851 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (12370 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (12573 views)

Is diaphragmatic hernia causing problems? My 15 year old doggie, Pepper has been diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia & the... (7906 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (9851 views)