Tug of war caused hernia?

Breed: dingo, pit bull
Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a hernia?
Thanks

No, playing tug of war would not cause a dog to develop a hernia. However, it is possible that if a hernia was "just about to happen" (i.e. the muscles were very weak), then the tugging could be the final straw.

I would guess, though, in most situations that if your dog has a hernia, it was always present and was not at all caused by the tugging game.

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (48837 views)

Fishy smelling urine. Hi - my dog Bluebell has had a fishy smell to her urine for quite some time and... (32114 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (6109 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (12976 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (51676 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (17837 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (7806 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (6484 views)

Diarrhea from sour milk? my kittens have had diahria from my mom cats sour milk 2 weeks. I have given them... (18370 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (25541 views)