Tug of war caused hernia?

Breed: dingo, pit bull
Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a hernia?
Thanks

No, playing tug of war would not cause a dog to develop a hernia. However, it is possible that if a hernia was "just about to happen" (i.e. the muscles were very weak), then the tugging could be the final straw.

I would guess, though, in most situations that if your dog has a hernia, it was always present and was not at all caused by the tugging game.

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (20558 views)

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (33087 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (15845 views)

Brian tumor? Two months ago, my dog had his first seizure ever. He was taking Gabapentin (disc... (5508 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (9733 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (10730 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (13165 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (4216 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (15474 views)

Rodent ulcer treatment options. My cat is 9 yrs old has it 4th case of rodent ulcer on its mouth usely it takes... (12491 views)