Tug of war caused hernia?

Breed: dingo, pit bull
Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a hernia?
Thanks

No, playing tug of war would not cause a dog to develop a hernia. However, it is possible that if a hernia was "just about to happen" (i.e. the muscles were very weak), then the tugging could be the final straw.

I would guess, though, in most situations that if your dog has a hernia, it was always present and was not at all caused by the tugging game.

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (45497 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (6823 views)

Questions about an older dog. I have a female Shih Tzu, turning 5 this coming July. To let you understand the... (19902 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (5796 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (5547 views)

Bumps over dog's body. My pug is having dry bumps on his body.. It's not paining him but yeah it's bit... (8209 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (38252 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (10740 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (14259 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (5095 views)