Wound on cat's paw.

Breed: house cat
When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a few Weeks ago he had a small open wound on his right front pad. Now its bigger than the pad and oozes all the time. He let's me bandage it and clean it. He is an inside and never goes out. What do you think it I a
Thank you
Shonna and emery

This definitely sounds like an issue that needs a veterinary visit. It could be related to the previous frostbite or it could be a whole new issue.

If the area is oozing there is a good chance that there is an infection. If this is the case he is going to need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

I wish I could give you better advice on what to do at home, but it sounds like he should see a vet as soon as possible.

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (11566 views)

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (25764 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (10918 views)

Swollen eyelid. My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had... (19351 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (18864 views)

Cat struggling to breathe. It looks like my cat is struggling to breathe. I can see her chest moving up and... (14633 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (7568 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (7540 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (11588 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (59795 views)