Wound on cat's paw.

Breed: house cat
When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a few Weeks ago he had a small open wound on his right front pad. Now its bigger than the pad and oozes all the time. He let's me bandage it and clean it. He is an inside and never goes out. What do you think it I a
Thank you
Shonna and emery

This definitely sounds like an issue that needs a veterinary visit. It could be related to the previous frostbite or it could be a whole new issue.

If the area is oozing there is a good chance that there is an infection. If this is the case he is going to need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

I wish I could give you better advice on what to do at home, but it sounds like he should see a vet as soon as possible.

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (9108 views)

Dog vomiting clear fluid. Today we noticed that Cassie is vomiting clear fluid (with a little foam) all over... (219928 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (9698 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (33276 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9356 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (26291 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (10464 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (110722 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (11862 views)

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (11097 views)