Wound on cat's paw.

Breed: house cat
When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a few Weeks ago he had a small open wound on his right front pad. Now its bigger than the pad and oozes all the time. He let's me bandage it and clean it. He is an inside and never goes out. What do you think it I a
Thank you
Shonna and emery

This definitely sounds like an issue that needs a veterinary visit. It could be related to the previous frostbite or it could be a whole new issue.

If the area is oozing there is a good chance that there is an infection. If this is the case he is going to need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

I wish I could give you better advice on what to do at home, but it sounds like he should see a vet as soon as possible.

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (69940 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (9032 views)

Cancer in lungs? Josie has had a persistent cough for over a year, so I took her to my vet for a... (8796 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (12749 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (7446 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (9546 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (59085 views)

Puppy with vomiting and diarrhea. i have a 1 month old puppy and she is vomiting, not eating,pooping brown water and... (23882 views)

Regurgitating water. Hello, Dr Marie. My cocker spaniel just recently started regurgitating water. He... (15015 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (14589 views)