Wound on cat's paw.

Breed: house cat
When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a few Weeks ago he had a small open wound on his right front pad. Now its bigger than the pad and oozes all the time. He let's me bandage it and clean it. He is an inside and never goes out. What do you think it I a
Thank you
Shonna and emery

This definitely sounds like an issue that needs a veterinary visit. It could be related to the previous frostbite or it could be a whole new issue.

If the area is oozing there is a good chance that there is an infection. If this is the case he is going to need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

I wish I could give you better advice on what to do at home, but it sounds like he should see a vet as soon as possible.

Wounds not healing. My cat is mostly an indoor cat, but on occassion, he goes outside. Last time he went... (5110 views)

Dog weak slow and shaking. My dog has become not interest in anything and has become very weak and has very... (14341 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (13349 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (8659 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (5646 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (5880 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7509 views)

Interstitial cystitis? Charlotte is constantly squatting as if she has to go, but nothing is coming out. I... (10336 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (24866 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (9749 views)