Wound on cat's paw.

Breed: house cat
When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a few Weeks ago he had a small open wound on his right front pad. Now its bigger than the pad and oozes all the time. He let's me bandage it and clean it. He is an inside and never goes out. What do you think it I a
Thank you
Shonna and emery

This definitely sounds like an issue that needs a veterinary visit. It could be related to the previous frostbite or it could be a whole new issue.

If the area is oozing there is a good chance that there is an infection. If this is the case he is going to need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

I wish I could give you better advice on what to do at home, but it sounds like he should see a vet as soon as possible.

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (13436 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (31374 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7886 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (8550 views)

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (30626 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5477 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (48431 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (91496 views)

Loss of muscle mass on one leg. My dog has lost muscle mass on just ONE hind leg and is getting worse everyday. He... (23081 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (31961 views)