Wound on cat's paw.

Breed: house cat
When I got my cat 3yrs ago he had frostbite on his front pads, they healed good. a few Weeks ago he had a small open wound on his right front pad. Now its bigger than the pad and oozes all the time. He let's me bandage it and clean it. He is an inside and never goes out. What do you think it I a
Thank you
Shonna and emery

This definitely sounds like an issue that needs a veterinary visit. It could be related to the previous frostbite or it could be a whole new issue.

If the area is oozing there is a good chance that there is an infection. If this is the case he is going to need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

I wish I could give you better advice on what to do at home, but it sounds like he should see a vet as soon as possible.

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (10911 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (8152 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (24711 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (36684 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (12303 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (7430 views)

Kitten can't hold head up. I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week... (15437 views)

Skin lesions on dog's face. HI, my Chikita has been having some skin trouble and cant exactly figure out what it... (7563 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (36128 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (11540 views)