Does vinegar kill fleas?

Breed: black cat
I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas and we have been using vinegar in the home daily to stop the fleas and using a comb to brush them daily as well. However, I recently notice that my black cat is throwing up daily as well she is loosing patches of hair on her behind area and back legs and other small areas of patches are missing. It appears white because that's the color of her undercoat. My orange tabby is irritated by the fleas as well but she doesn't seem as affected by it.

Vinegar and combing is not going to get rid of fleas. If it was that easy then there would be no reason for good flea products. In order to get rid of fleas there are some very specific things you need to do. I get this question a lot, so I wrote an article about it. You can read it here.

The hair loss is almost definitely because of the fleas. And the vomiting can be due to overgrooming because of the fleas as well.

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (103433 views)

Possible seizure in toy poodle. my just had a shaking spell, he was shaking,panting,peeing and very unblanced when... (16096 views)

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (11248 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (5519 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (19793 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (46360 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (14484 views)

Is it time to put her down? My dog has degenerative myelopathy and is having trouble getting up, moving around... (25745 views)

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (17866 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (11639 views)