Does vinegar kill fleas?

Breed: black cat
I have two cats, and my tenant has one as well. We are aware that they have fleas and we have been using vinegar in the home daily to stop the fleas and using a comb to brush them daily as well. However, I recently notice that my black cat is throwing up daily as well she is loosing patches of hair on her behind area and back legs and other small areas of patches are missing. It appears white because that's the color of her undercoat. My orange tabby is irritated by the fleas as well but she doesn't seem as affected by it.

Vinegar and combing is not going to get rid of fleas. If it was that easy then there would be no reason for good flea products. In order to get rid of fleas there are some very specific things you need to do. I get this question a lot, so I wrote an article about it. You can read it here.

The hair loss is almost definitely because of the fleas. And the vomiting can be due to overgrooming because of the fleas as well.

Eye medicine for my cat. We adopted A domestic short haired cat from our local animal shelter. He had an eye... (9058 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (38819 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (14765 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (20954 views)

Diabetic cat with seizures. I've inherited a diabetic cat with a history of seizures. Since bringing him home,... (20003 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (9855 views)

Mark on dog's nose. Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy... (4624 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (11409 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (10519 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (15725 views)