Staple in armpit.

Breed: Rough Collie
I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in the morning, but I'm curious - The only procedures shes had are a spay and the removal of a steak bone from her stomach... So how'd it get there??

That really doesn't make sense. Are you positive she hasn't ever had a wound in that area?

The only other thing I could think of would be if this really wasn't a surgical staple but rather some other type of foreign object that penetrated her skin.

It's a bit of a mystery to me!

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (21950 views)

Drinking more and thirsty LILI, 7.5 YRS OLD, HAS STARTED WETTING HER BED AND SHE HAS AN UNENDING THIRST AND... (15386 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (26490 views)

Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Before this year he... (11307 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (18494 views)

Euthanize aggressive dog? I adopted my dog Nubby a year ago from a local shelter. A few months after I adopted... (30739 views)

Rodent ulcer treatment options. My cat is 9 yrs old has it 4th case of rodent ulcer on its mouth usely it takes... (13524 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (32082 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (5586 views)

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (22140 views)