Staple in armpit.

Breed: Rough Collie
I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in the morning, but I'm curious - The only procedures shes had are a spay and the removal of a steak bone from her stomach... So how'd it get there??

That really doesn't make sense. Are you positive she hasn't ever had a wound in that area?

The only other thing I could think of would be if this really wasn't a surgical staple but rather some other type of foreign object that penetrated her skin.

It's a bit of a mystery to me!

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (5332 views)

Chicken jerky from Thailand. We hear about the chicken jerkey from China, how about the jerkey from Thiland. Do... (6567 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (26076 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (10188 views)

Still have puppies inside? my dog had puppies 2 days ago 6 puppies were the only ones that came out, four came... (15887 views)

Lump with hole and something moving in it. Hi, i just got a new kitten 3 days ago, this morning i woke up and picked her up and... (12810 views)

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (8556 views)

Diarrhea resolves with Cephalexin. Dear Dr. Marie, I’ve been in the throes of a medical mystery with my beloved... (12846 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (7760 views)

Does high pitch affect seizures? Hello there, I've been living with my roommate for a year and her dog barks at me... (11119 views)