Staple in armpit.

Breed: Rough Collie
I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in the morning, but I'm curious - The only procedures shes had are a spay and the removal of a steak bone from her stomach... So how'd it get there??

That really doesn't make sense. Are you positive she hasn't ever had a wound in that area?

The only other thing I could think of would be if this really wasn't a surgical staple but rather some other type of foreign object that penetrated her skin.

It's a bit of a mystery to me!

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (13536 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (17020 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (18158 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (18289 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (11265 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (14100 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (10272 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (23061 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (6506 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (14909 views)