Staple in armpit.

Breed: Rough Collie
I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in the morning, but I'm curious - The only procedures shes had are a spay and the removal of a steak bone from her stomach... So how'd it get there??

That really doesn't make sense. Are you positive she hasn't ever had a wound in that area?

The only other thing I could think of would be if this really wasn't a surgical staple but rather some other type of foreign object that penetrated her skin.

It's a bit of a mystery to me!

Vomiting puppy. My 30 day old Lab is pukes when I feed him milk and I think is dehydrated as his... (14544 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (24629 views)

Possible degenerative myelopathy. Hi Dr. Marie, My 11 year old German shepherd has been taking prevacox, tramedol,... (42361 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (12556 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (15375 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (9830 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (8814 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (17773 views)

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (8970 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (13293 views)