Staple in armpit.

Breed: Rough Collie
I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in the morning, but I'm curious - The only procedures shes had are a spay and the removal of a steak bone from her stomach... So how'd it get there??

That really doesn't make sense. Are you positive she hasn't ever had a wound in that area?

The only other thing I could think of would be if this really wasn't a surgical staple but rather some other type of foreign object that penetrated her skin.

It's a bit of a mystery to me!

Horrible euthanasia. Lucy has had steroid injections for the last 18 months due to loss of fur and skin... (4834 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (16931 views)

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (13871 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (56677 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (4955 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (11240 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (7059 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (9624 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (20147 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (10554 views)