Staple in armpit.

Breed: Rough Collie
I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in the morning, but I'm curious - The only procedures shes had are a spay and the removal of a steak bone from her stomach... So how'd it get there??

That really doesn't make sense. Are you positive she hasn't ever had a wound in that area?

The only other thing I could think of would be if this really wasn't a surgical staple but rather some other type of foreign object that penetrated her skin.

It's a bit of a mystery to me!

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (18540 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (10907 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (13401 views)

Will removing an eye affect my dog? Sadly, our son's dog recently had a car accident and my lose one eye. He is still in... (9124 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (20041 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (18221 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (138886 views)

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (10336 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (7834 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (11569 views)