Staple in armpit.

Breed: Rough Collie
I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in the morning, but I'm curious - The only procedures shes had are a spay and the removal of a steak bone from her stomach... So how'd it get there??

That really doesn't make sense. Are you positive she hasn't ever had a wound in that area?

The only other thing I could think of would be if this really wasn't a surgical staple but rather some other type of foreign object that penetrated her skin.

It's a bit of a mystery to me!

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (9571 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (9003 views)

Pill stuck in cat's mouth. Hi Dr. Marie. I took my cat to the Vet on Thursday for 6 month blood work. She is... (7157 views)

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (9770 views)

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (20684 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (10242 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (12031 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (34897 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (15038 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (14743 views)