One puppy in litter died.

Breed: Yorkiepoopuppy
I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted sick. Weak. Vomiting. I held it most of the day. Feed it some water and pup formula. It took small amounts. Kept this up most of the night. This morn it had passed away. What could this have been. Should I be concerned about the other pups.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your puppies.

It is unfortunately quite common to lose one or more pups in a litter. Most of the time, we don't know why and we attribute the death to some type of malformation in the pup.

I am a little concerned however about the vomiting. It is possible that the pup had parvo virus which is quite serious and very contagious. Or, it is possible that there are parasites present.

If any of the other puppies start to not feel well it would be good to have a vet take a look at them right away.

I hope they are ok!

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (18333 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (5206 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (52928 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (9742 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (8830 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (9749 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (18172 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (37597 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (19882 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (21917 views)