One puppy in litter died.

Breed: Yorkiepoopuppy
I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted sick. Weak. Vomiting. I held it most of the day. Feed it some water and pup formula. It took small amounts. Kept this up most of the night. This morn it had passed away. What could this have been. Should I be concerned about the other pups.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your puppies.

It is unfortunately quite common to lose one or more pups in a litter. Most of the time, we don't know why and we attribute the death to some type of malformation in the pup.

I am a little concerned however about the vomiting. It is possible that the pup had parvo virus which is quite serious and very contagious. Or, it is possible that there are parasites present.

If any of the other puppies start to not feel well it would be good to have a vet take a look at them right away.

I hope they are ok!

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (7579 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (14873 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (7686 views)

Bump on tail tip. I noticed a small bump near the very end of my dog's tail, about 1/2 inch wide. She... (46980 views)

Malamute panting. We have taken in a rescue dog. When they brought him to us he was panting and they... (17121 views)

Rimadyl and Otomax. Hi, I have a two part question. The first is Rimadyl dosage for an older dog. My... (12568 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi Marie, We spoke briefly this morning about my cat. As I said this morning,... (11868 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (92425 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (43287 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (10816 views)