One puppy in litter died.

Breed: Yorkiepoopuppy
I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted sick. Weak. Vomiting. I held it most of the day. Feed it some water and pup formula. It took small amounts. Kept this up most of the night. This morn it had passed away. What could this have been. Should I be concerned about the other pups.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your puppies.

It is unfortunately quite common to lose one or more pups in a litter. Most of the time, we don't know why and we attribute the death to some type of malformation in the pup.

I am a little concerned however about the vomiting. It is possible that the pup had parvo virus which is quite serious and very contagious. Or, it is possible that there are parasites present.

If any of the other puppies start to not feel well it would be good to have a vet take a look at them right away.

I hope they are ok!

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (11047 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (7087 views)

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (15661 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (15179 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10531 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (9415 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9351 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4519 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (10227 views)

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (7383 views)