One puppy in litter died.

Breed: Yorkiepoopuppy
I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted sick. Weak. Vomiting. I held it most of the day. Feed it some water and pup formula. It took small amounts. Kept this up most of the night. This morn it had passed away. What could this have been. Should I be concerned about the other pups.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your puppies.

It is unfortunately quite common to lose one or more pups in a litter. Most of the time, we don't know why and we attribute the death to some type of malformation in the pup.

I am a little concerned however about the vomiting. It is possible that the pup had parvo virus which is quite serious and very contagious. Or, it is possible that there are parasites present.

If any of the other puppies start to not feel well it would be good to have a vet take a look at them right away.

I hope they are ok!

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (7196 views)

Allergic to grass? My dog has a rash on his belly that has red whelps. Itches a lot. Licking and... (17007 views)

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (13037 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (12761 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (42878 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (22358 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (20783 views)

Worms in stool. My dogs stool has a lot of worms in it. My Mom's friends takes care of a lot of... (18028 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (9875 views)

Honey for a wound. Whats your opinion on using raw honey to treat and heal my geldings staph abcesses... (8327 views)