Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (8213 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma? This past week Murphy (4 year old Irish Setter) developed what I thought was a small... (232469 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (5582 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (9750 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (42843 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (86151 views)

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (14308 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog Piper, suddenly died today for no apparent reason. She has been... (19401 views)

Dog has a runny eye. Hi Marie! Aprox. 2 months ago, Hope's one eye started to water and run a clear... (20931 views)

Cat hardly eating. my cat has recemtly been in the catery. since returning she has hardly eaten and is... (10562 views)