Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

Do cats get pink eye? My cat had a "pink eye" this weekend while I was away, according to the pet sitter. ... (5055 views)

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7141 views)

Itchy on back. max is a 11yo. Boston terrier about 18pounds. He is in perfect health, according to... (9026 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (9765 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (9836 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11647 views)

Sore eye in a dog. Hi, My Yorkie's left eye is squinting; it looks like she can't open it. She has... (24470 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (6340 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (5842 views)

Dog sick after eating apricots. Yesterday I found Poppy and my other Aussie eating apricots from the neighbors... (20584 views)