Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (7132 views)

Can dog get Hepatitis C? can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? ... (30278 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (31341 views)

Puppy with bald spots. Hello, Im concerned about my dog, she is only 4 months but she is barely growing... (10685 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (18325 views)

Why did my kitten die? I came home last night to find my kitten laying dead in her kennel. We rescued her... (14698 views)

Yellow skin and then died. today my kitten who was a week old and a day past away but when i found him his... (9505 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (11271 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (8686 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (71132 views)