Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (10044 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (35714 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (22562 views)

Is my dog overweight? Can you please tell me what weight Lady should be? She is now 24kg, is this a good... (7894 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (96540 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (230633 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (14878 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (6281 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (22126 views)

Are chicken feces toxic? I've heard that chicken poop is bad for dogs, is this true? if so, what can i do... (92873 views)