Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (10995 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (7567 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (9479 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (20561 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (7918 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (7444 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (27342 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (11062 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (14726 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (27035 views)