Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (20248 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (47827 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (19440 views)

Aggressive with food. Dear Dr. Marie: My husband and I adopted our kitten, Tigger, last April, so we've... (6097 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (9866 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (9331 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (8941 views)

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (17265 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (102487 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (13841 views)