Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (11523 views)

Mole on dog's leg. My dog has what looks like a mole on his leg, do dogs have moles or should I take... (15035 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (8118 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (26366 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (5616 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (20034 views)

Rat is not eating. my pet rat has an infection and we took her to the vet and was given a mineral food... (9588 views)

Itchy ear Hi Dr. I have a 9 month old neutered male golden. Beginning last Saturday he... (14836 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (14976 views)

Very sick kitten. Thursday 4/21 daughter rescued kitten from tomcat in my mom's backyard. Kitten... (21672 views)