Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (19508 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (22981 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (15699 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (23256 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7583 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (8125 views)

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (23822 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13441 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (37644 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (5403 views)