Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats?

Breed: Mix

Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I like to put lavender in my house but I don't want to do them any harm.

Lavender plants are not toxic to dogs and cats. Any plant, however, if it is eaten, has the potential to cause some mild stomach upset (i.e. cramping, vomiting, diarrhea). For that reason I wouldn't encourage any eating of the plant. But, if a small amount did become ingested I wouldn't worry about it.

Just as an aside, if lavender oil is eaten by an animal it can cause some serious gastrointestinal problems.

But again, the plant is not likely to cause any problems.

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (7533 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (16720 views)

Vomiting and red skin. Dr. Marie My buddy Bobber is sick. He is currently seeing a vet. I read a Q and A... (5987 views)

Cat with coccidia My vet did a fecal exam on my cat today and said there was coccidia there, but she... (6704 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (10284 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (8671 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (5882 views)

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (10202 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (28726 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (10952 views)