Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky.

Breed: Jack Russell
Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver, Colorado) from Costco? I was buying them for my Jack Russell. It says they are made with US chicken breast. However, before we ever saw the post about the chicken treats, we noticed that our dog was drinking huge amounts of water and urinating way more often than normal and also through the night (which was unusual for him). We suspected the treats so we stopped giving them to him and the symptoms stopped. This brand doesn’t seem to be one that I am seeing as a problem, but we have a whole bag left that we will not be giving to our dog, and so I wonder if you have heard of them being a problem. I just noticed that the Cadet duck treats from Costco that our dog loves so much and that we have been giving him with no apparent side effects are from China. Now I’m worried about those as well…Has anyone had bad experiences with those?

I just searched the comments on my article on chicken jerky and the only comment I saw about Nature's Deli is yours.

Added December, 2012: There has indeed been a recall on Costco Chicken Jerky.

Does it say anywhere on the bag that the ingredients are from China? If so, I would be concerned!

It's not a bad idea to avoid them altogether now though.

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (27100 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (74637 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (9745 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (11876 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (8918 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (13887 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (10593 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (17025 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (10234 views)

Cat keeps getting sick. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I found her when she was about two months. I took... (7380 views)