Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky.

Breed: Jack Russell
Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver, Colorado) from Costco? I was buying them for my Jack Russell. It says they are made with US chicken breast. However, before we ever saw the post about the chicken treats, we noticed that our dog was drinking huge amounts of water and urinating way more often than normal and also through the night (which was unusual for him). We suspected the treats so we stopped giving them to him and the symptoms stopped. This brand doesn’t seem to be one that I am seeing as a problem, but we have a whole bag left that we will not be giving to our dog, and so I wonder if you have heard of them being a problem. I just noticed that the Cadet duck treats from Costco that our dog loves so much and that we have been giving him with no apparent side effects are from China. Now I’m worried about those as well…Has anyone had bad experiences with those?

I just searched the comments on my article on chicken jerky and the only comment I saw about Nature's Deli is yours.

Added December, 2012: There has indeed been a recall on Costco Chicken Jerky.

Does it say anywhere on the bag that the ingredients are from China? If so, I would be concerned!

It's not a bad idea to avoid them altogether now though.

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (7084 views)

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (15345 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (79754 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (13908 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (11845 views)

Shelter cats with infection. Hello My friend told me I should talk to you about what is going on at the animal... (6994 views)

Rapid weight loss. Hello Dr. Marie, First I have to sadly say that I can not afford a vet visit for... (9266 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (21811 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia? Hello Dr Marie, I recently found an abandoned feral kitten in the street who was... (11306 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (9292 views)