Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky.

Breed: Jack Russell
Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver, Colorado) from Costco? I was buying them for my Jack Russell. It says they are made with US chicken breast. However, before we ever saw the post about the chicken treats, we noticed that our dog was drinking huge amounts of water and urinating way more often than normal and also through the night (which was unusual for him). We suspected the treats so we stopped giving them to him and the symptoms stopped. This brand doesn’t seem to be one that I am seeing as a problem, but we have a whole bag left that we will not be giving to our dog, and so I wonder if you have heard of them being a problem. I just noticed that the Cadet duck treats from Costco that our dog loves so much and that we have been giving him with no apparent side effects are from China. Now I’m worried about those as well…Has anyone had bad experiences with those?

I just searched the comments on my article on chicken jerky and the only comment I saw about Nature's Deli is yours.

Added December, 2012: There has indeed been a recall on Costco Chicken Jerky.

Does it say anywhere on the bag that the ingredients are from China? If so, I would be concerned!

It's not a bad idea to avoid them altogether now though.

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (31864 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (14400 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (17040 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (10491 views)

Painful dog. I apologize in advance for this being so long, but I want to give the history so you... (8322 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (9420 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (8769 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (6078 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (242482 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (22822 views)