Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky.

Breed: Jack Russell
Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver, Colorado) from Costco? I was buying them for my Jack Russell. It says they are made with US chicken breast. However, before we ever saw the post about the chicken treats, we noticed that our dog was drinking huge amounts of water and urinating way more often than normal and also through the night (which was unusual for him). We suspected the treats so we stopped giving them to him and the symptoms stopped. This brand doesn’t seem to be one that I am seeing as a problem, but we have a whole bag left that we will not be giving to our dog, and so I wonder if you have heard of them being a problem. I just noticed that the Cadet duck treats from Costco that our dog loves so much and that we have been giving him with no apparent side effects are from China. Now I’m worried about those as well…Has anyone had bad experiences with those?

I just searched the comments on my article on chicken jerky and the only comment I saw about Nature's Deli is yours.

Added December, 2012: There has indeed been a recall on Costco Chicken Jerky.

Does it say anywhere on the bag that the ingredients are from China? If so, I would be concerned!

It's not a bad idea to avoid them altogether now though.

Black spot on Hamster's skin. my hamster has a black spot under his hair.should he have this?????????????. he is a... (17581 views)

Test for Cushings? My dog is breathing rapidly, about 60 times per minute, night and day, but otherwise... (5511 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (11923 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (13730 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (23270 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (9803 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8086 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (21524 views)

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (4668 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (15303 views)