Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky.

Breed: Jack Russell
Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver, Colorado) from Costco? I was buying them for my Jack Russell. It says they are made with US chicken breast. However, before we ever saw the post about the chicken treats, we noticed that our dog was drinking huge amounts of water and urinating way more often than normal and also through the night (which was unusual for him). We suspected the treats so we stopped giving them to him and the symptoms stopped. This brand doesn’t seem to be one that I am seeing as a problem, but we have a whole bag left that we will not be giving to our dog, and so I wonder if you have heard of them being a problem. I just noticed that the Cadet duck treats from Costco that our dog loves so much and that we have been giving him with no apparent side effects are from China. Now I’m worried about those as well…Has anyone had bad experiences with those?

I just searched the comments on my article on chicken jerky and the only comment I saw about Nature's Deli is yours.

Added December, 2012: There has indeed been a recall on Costco Chicken Jerky.

Does it say anywhere on the bag that the ingredients are from China? If so, I would be concerned!

It's not a bad idea to avoid them altogether now though.

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (12376 views)

Safe fruits and vegetables for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a young cat who likes to eat certain fruit and vegetables,... (23941 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (9997 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (4128 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (8632 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (16155 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (11779 views)

Surgery or rest for CCL tear. Dear Dr. Marie, My dog often limping recently and i've brought her to see a vet in... (8708 views)

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (17853 views)

White tongue in a kitten. Kitten 6weeks old looks like a 4 week old. Sootie has a white tongue? Is it... (16100 views)