Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky.

Breed: Jack Russell
Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver, Colorado) from Costco? I was buying them for my Jack Russell. It says they are made with US chicken breast. However, before we ever saw the post about the chicken treats, we noticed that our dog was drinking huge amounts of water and urinating way more often than normal and also through the night (which was unusual for him). We suspected the treats so we stopped giving them to him and the symptoms stopped. This brand doesn’t seem to be one that I am seeing as a problem, but we have a whole bag left that we will not be giving to our dog, and so I wonder if you have heard of them being a problem. I just noticed that the Cadet duck treats from Costco that our dog loves so much and that we have been giving him with no apparent side effects are from China. Now I’m worried about those as well…Has anyone had bad experiences with those?

I just searched the comments on my article on chicken jerky and the only comment I saw about Nature's Deli is yours.

Added December, 2012: There has indeed been a recall on Costco Chicken Jerky.

Does it say anywhere on the bag that the ingredients are from China? If so, I would be concerned!

It's not a bad idea to avoid them altogether now though.

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (37762 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7200 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (9654 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (10352 views)

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (8002 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7707 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (8954 views)

Cleansing diet for dogs? I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my... (5323 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (7049 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (8318 views)