Foot problem and congestion.

Breed: rottweiler /pitbull
My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has lost his appetite. he is drinking water and eating a little bit. He is a little cogested now he has a runny nose. Is this normal ? its been 6 days now.

Sorry to hear that Max is not feeling well. What you are describing does not sound like it is related to the cephalexin.

There are some animals that go off of their food because of cephalexin. However this usually happens within the first few days of starting the medicine and stops when they go off of the medicine.

Is Max up to date on his vaccinations? If not, you may want to ask your vet about the possibility of distemper. Distemper can cause lesions on the bottom of the pads of the foot as well as respiratory symptoms. Distemper is a very serious disease and is unfortunately often fatal.

It is also possible that there is something else going on such as a kennel cough infection. (Perhaps he picked it up at the vet's office the first time?)

It looks like a trip back to the vet is in order.

Cat shaking and licking lips. My cat (11 months old) is a male cat, neutered, all shots, etc. He has always been... (21436 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (8430 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (36156 views)

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (10763 views)

Wobbly drooling kitten. I have a 6 month old tabby and a few days ago he started walking almost bow legged... (12654 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9010 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (5214 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (20940 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (5058 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (9850 views)