Foot problem and congestion.

Breed: rottweiler /pitbull
My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has lost his appetite. he is drinking water and eating a little bit. He is a little cogested now he has a runny nose. Is this normal ? its been 6 days now.

Sorry to hear that Max is not feeling well. What you are describing does not sound like it is related to the cephalexin.

There are some animals that go off of their food because of cephalexin. However this usually happens within the first few days of starting the medicine and stops when they go off of the medicine.

Is Max up to date on his vaccinations? If not, you may want to ask your vet about the possibility of distemper. Distemper can cause lesions on the bottom of the pads of the foot as well as respiratory symptoms. Distemper is a very serious disease and is unfortunately often fatal.

It is also possible that there is something else going on such as a kennel cough infection. (Perhaps he picked it up at the vet's office the first time?)

It looks like a trip back to the vet is in order.

Lack of bladder control. I HAVE A FEMALE COCKER SPANIEL WHO IS THE OFF SPRING OF MY OWN MALE AND FEMALE WHO... (15528 views)

Cat with pseudomonas infection. Sorry to bother you again. I wrote to you abt Shakey who has Pseudomas bacteria... (9312 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4884 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (11387 views)

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (100162 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (19637 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (20270 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (55267 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (47329 views)

Parvo? My English Mastiff started vomiting on Friday. By Saturday he had extremely watery... (14937 views)