Foot problem and congestion.

Breed: rottweiler /pitbull
My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has lost his appetite. he is drinking water and eating a little bit. He is a little cogested now he has a runny nose. Is this normal ? its been 6 days now.

Sorry to hear that Max is not feeling well. What you are describing does not sound like it is related to the cephalexin.

There are some animals that go off of their food because of cephalexin. However this usually happens within the first few days of starting the medicine and stops when they go off of the medicine.

Is Max up to date on his vaccinations? If not, you may want to ask your vet about the possibility of distemper. Distemper can cause lesions on the bottom of the pads of the foot as well as respiratory symptoms. Distemper is a very serious disease and is unfortunately often fatal.

It is also possible that there is something else going on such as a kennel cough infection. (Perhaps he picked it up at the vet's office the first time?)

It looks like a trip back to the vet is in order.

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (13043 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (28870 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (13416 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (11597 views)

Dog sneezed out food. Hi there, I have a couple of concerns. My chi is about 6 and a half years... (20552 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (12691 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (32913 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (13278 views)

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (16938 views)

Cat with megacolon. My 12-year old cat was diagnosed with megacolon about five years ago. When he looks... (9139 views)