Foot problem and congestion.

Breed: rottweiler /pitbull
My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has lost his appetite. he is drinking water and eating a little bit. He is a little cogested now he has a runny nose. Is this normal ? its been 6 days now.

Sorry to hear that Max is not feeling well. What you are describing does not sound like it is related to the cephalexin.

There are some animals that go off of their food because of cephalexin. However this usually happens within the first few days of starting the medicine and stops when they go off of the medicine.

Is Max up to date on his vaccinations? If not, you may want to ask your vet about the possibility of distemper. Distemper can cause lesions on the bottom of the pads of the foot as well as respiratory symptoms. Distemper is a very serious disease and is unfortunately often fatal.

It is also possible that there is something else going on such as a kennel cough infection. (Perhaps he picked it up at the vet's office the first time?)

It looks like a trip back to the vet is in order.

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (8998 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (18737 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (5442 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (11588 views)

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (131068 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (9431 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (6949 views)

Human medicine for cats? Dear Whom ever it concerns, Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months... (13501 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (7095 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (17576 views)