Milk coming out nose.

Breed: Lhasa apso
Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has milk coming through its nose a week ago i started weaning her on meat which see she vomits up i have had it to the vets a numerous and they just keep saying see how she goes on i havent been told what is wrong with her. She never turns her nose up to food or drink and does have a play, please can you give me any idea has to what it can be or any different food soloutions

The most common reason for a young puppy to have milk coming through its nose is if there is a cleft palate present. This means that there is a defect in the roof of the mouth. It's a little unusual, though for this to just start happening at 4 weeks of age.

It's also possible that the puppy has a congenital defect such as megaesophagus.

It's a tough call on what to do at this point. If no cleft palate can be seen then the vet may consider doing some barium xrays to see what happens when the puppy swallows.

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you. It does sound like there could be a physical defect somewhere though. If they can figure out what it is it's possible it could be fixed with surgery.

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (5459 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (9949 views)

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (13962 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (12426 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (29286 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (9153 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (11207 views)

Chinese Crested with diarrhea This is breed that loses their teeth (starting at an early age) as they age.... (9259 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (6579 views)

Round spot on cat's leg. He has a bald patch high on his leg. we considered it might be ringworm but the... (7129 views)