Milk coming out nose.

Breed: Lhasa apso
Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has milk coming through its nose a week ago i started weaning her on meat which see she vomits up i have had it to the vets a numerous and they just keep saying see how she goes on i havent been told what is wrong with her. She never turns her nose up to food or drink and does have a play, please can you give me any idea has to what it can be or any different food soloutions

The most common reason for a young puppy to have milk coming through its nose is if there is a cleft palate present. This means that there is a defect in the roof of the mouth. It's a little unusual, though for this to just start happening at 4 weeks of age.

It's also possible that the puppy has a congenital defect such as megaesophagus.

It's a tough call on what to do at this point. If no cleft palate can be seen then the vet may consider doing some barium xrays to see what happens when the puppy swallows.

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you. It does sound like there could be a physical defect somewhere though. If they can figure out what it is it's possible it could be fixed with surgery.

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (32359 views)

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (13460 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (16958 views)

Guinea pig not eating. Hello, I have a 3 year old guinea pig who has stopped eating. Last week I... (7142 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (8818 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (23968 views)

Losing weight, not eating. My 16 yr old cat has not been eating and losing weight. The vet has done bloodwork,... (39315 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (16069 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (21430 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting in kittens. Hello Marie, thanks in advance. (Sorry for the English we are from Finland)... (5709 views)