Milk coming out nose.

Breed: Lhasa apso
Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has milk coming through its nose a week ago i started weaning her on meat which see she vomits up i have had it to the vets a numerous and they just keep saying see how she goes on i havent been told what is wrong with her. She never turns her nose up to food or drink and does have a play, please can you give me any idea has to what it can be or any different food soloutions

The most common reason for a young puppy to have milk coming through its nose is if there is a cleft palate present. This means that there is a defect in the roof of the mouth. It's a little unusual, though for this to just start happening at 4 weeks of age.

It's also possible that the puppy has a congenital defect such as megaesophagus.

It's a tough call on what to do at this point. If no cleft palate can be seen then the vet may consider doing some barium xrays to see what happens when the puppy swallows.

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you. It does sound like there could be a physical defect somewhere though. If they can figure out what it is it's possible it could be fixed with surgery.

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (7511 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (7451 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (41174 views)

Red spot on dog's neck. I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his... (17442 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (21324 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (7931 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (15833 views)

Older cat with diarrhea Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad She used to throw up... (10151 views)

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (12342 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (25281 views)