Milk coming out nose.

Breed: Lhasa apso
Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has milk coming through its nose a week ago i started weaning her on meat which see she vomits up i have had it to the vets a numerous and they just keep saying see how she goes on i havent been told what is wrong with her. She never turns her nose up to food or drink and does have a play, please can you give me any idea has to what it can be or any different food soloutions

The most common reason for a young puppy to have milk coming through its nose is if there is a cleft palate present. This means that there is a defect in the roof of the mouth. It's a little unusual, though for this to just start happening at 4 weeks of age.

It's also possible that the puppy has a congenital defect such as megaesophagus.

It's a tough call on what to do at this point. If no cleft palate can be seen then the vet may consider doing some barium xrays to see what happens when the puppy swallows.

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you. It does sound like there could be a physical defect somewhere though. If they can figure out what it is it's possible it could be fixed with surgery.

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (5182 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (73612 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (218232 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (49519 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (16103 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (14051 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (9699 views)

Does my cat have feline leukemia? have a 6 year old female cat with up to date FeLV and FIV vaccinations. She has the... (5034 views)

Itchy ears and bum. My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and... (14819 views)

Thiamine deficiency? My cat has Thiamine deficiency from Wellness pet food. Are the effects for the... (7739 views)