Milk coming out nose.

Breed: Lhasa apso
Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has milk coming through its nose a week ago i started weaning her on meat which see she vomits up i have had it to the vets a numerous and they just keep saying see how she goes on i havent been told what is wrong with her. She never turns her nose up to food or drink and does have a play, please can you give me any idea has to what it can be or any different food soloutions

The most common reason for a young puppy to have milk coming through its nose is if there is a cleft palate present. This means that there is a defect in the roof of the mouth. It's a little unusual, though for this to just start happening at 4 weeks of age.

It's also possible that the puppy has a congenital defect such as megaesophagus.

It's a tough call on what to do at this point. If no cleft palate can be seen then the vet may consider doing some barium xrays to see what happens when the puppy swallows.

Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you. It does sound like there could be a physical defect somewhere though. If they can figure out what it is it's possible it could be fixed with surgery.

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (23912 views)

Worms in stool. My dogs stool has a lot of worms in it. My Mom's friends takes care of a lot of... (18808 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (7036 views)

sexing a cat WE found a stray cat and our question is how can we tell what gender it... (9936 views)

Frontline Plus and Advantage Multi? Can I give my dog Advantage Multi plus the Frontline Plus. I know the Advantage... (17996 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (7271 views)

Dog with pancreatitis. My dog was taken to the vet Monday morning and I was told he had pancreatitis. I... (13241 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (10724 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (11848 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (24688 views)