Rapid breathing while sleeping.

Breed: boxer
I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009.
I notice when she's sleeping her respiration most of the time is very fast and she have a loud snoring and sometimes her tong is out, also during the day she have hippcups. she is very happy puppie but i'm worry about this matter.

Hi Iris and thanks for your question! Although I can't say for sure without examining your pup it sounds like you are describing a normal boxer puppy!

I don't usually get too excited about fast breathing during sleep unless it was combined with awake breathing problems or coughing.

Some boxers can have an elongated soft palate that can cause snoring and this is nothing to worry about. And hiccups are totally normal in a puppy!

Hope this helps put your mind at ease!

Thank you Dr. Whishing the best

Iris

Methamphetamine use by dog. "My dog has mental breakdown in which he acts like he is on drugs. he runs in... (16357 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (14420 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (7301 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (57302 views)

Constipated kittens. I am fostering 5 kittens. I think they are about 5 weeks old. They still cannot use... (9028 views)

Lab with a cough. Two days ago, my chocolate lab starting coughing and dry heaving occasionally when... (49674 views)

What caused liver fracture? We fostered an abused, rescue dog in January of 2012 to May 2012 when she died... (11170 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (22974 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (8797 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (19384 views)