Rapid breathing while sleeping.

Breed: boxer
I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009.
I notice when she's sleeping her respiration most of the time is very fast and she have a loud snoring and sometimes her tong is out, also during the day she have hippcups. she is very happy puppie but i'm worry about this matter.

Hi Iris and thanks for your question! Although I can't say for sure without examining your pup it sounds like you are describing a normal boxer puppy!

I don't usually get too excited about fast breathing during sleep unless it was combined with awake breathing problems or coughing.

Some boxers can have an elongated soft palate that can cause snoring and this is nothing to worry about. And hiccups are totally normal in a puppy!

Hope this helps put your mind at ease!

Thank you Dr. Whishing the best

Iris

Lump on dog's lip. I have contacted you several times about my dog, Honey. I tend to over think things,... (68104 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (7569 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (5116 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (22811 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (10504 views)

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (16040 views)

Dog doesn't drink much and burps. We recently adopted our boxer mix from a vet and she appears to be in very good... (20911 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (15002 views)

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (16956 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6545 views)