Rapid breathing while sleeping.

Breed: boxer
I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009.
I notice when she's sleeping her respiration most of the time is very fast and she have a loud snoring and sometimes her tong is out, also during the day she have hippcups. she is very happy puppie but i'm worry about this matter.

Hi Iris and thanks for your question! Although I can't say for sure without examining your pup it sounds like you are describing a normal boxer puppy!

I don't usually get too excited about fast breathing during sleep unless it was combined with awake breathing problems or coughing.

Some boxers can have an elongated soft palate that can cause snoring and this is nothing to worry about. And hiccups are totally normal in a puppy!

Hope this helps put your mind at ease!

Thank you Dr. Whishing the best

Iris

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (12944 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (12637 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (8221 views)

Spot on eye. My boxer scratched his eye. Went to Vet and confirmed and they put him on Neomycin... (17511 views)

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (25228 views)

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (6727 views)

Possible diabetes My cat is very thirsty, he will run to the bathroom counter for a drink of water, he... (7757 views)

Sunscreen for cats and dogs. My cat is a white cat and he loves to lounge in the sun. I was wondering if you... (13278 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (20233 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (38498 views)