Rapid breathing while sleeping.

Breed: boxer
I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009.
I notice when she's sleeping her respiration most of the time is very fast and she have a loud snoring and sometimes her tong is out, also during the day she have hippcups. she is very happy puppie but i'm worry about this matter.

Hi Iris and thanks for your question! Although I can't say for sure without examining your pup it sounds like you are describing a normal boxer puppy!

I don't usually get too excited about fast breathing during sleep unless it was combined with awake breathing problems or coughing.

Some boxers can have an elongated soft palate that can cause snoring and this is nothing to worry about. And hiccups are totally normal in a puppy!

Hope this helps put your mind at ease!

Thank you Dr. Whishing the best

Iris

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (8735 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (42565 views)

Maggots in guinea pig cage. Dr. Marie, I found maggots in my guinea pig cage today. what should I do? They seem... (22554 views)

Wound on cat. My father's cat Jerry is 3 year old neutered male DSH who is up-to-date on all... (6190 views)

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (8769 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (9897 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (28430 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (5456 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (8446 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (15180 views)