Not eating or drinking because lonely?

Breed: lab mix
i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her apt so i had to take her puppy *they are sisters* well now my sisters dog isn't eating or drinking what do i do? i separated them so i can figure out whats wrong is she missing my sister or sick?

I always get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat. It is very unlikely to be because she is missing her sister. Likely there is a medical condition there.

My first concern would be for a virus called parvovirus. If she starts vomiting or having diarrhea then this could be what is going on.

Parasites can cause inappetence as well. So can an infection.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration, so if these symptoms go on more than 24 hours then she definitely needs to see her vet.

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (10967 views)

Bump on roof of mouth. Hi I'm almost certain this is nothing. But I have an 8 week old golden male. I've... (38980 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (34428 views)

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (16855 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (27163 views)

Cat peeing in tub. Hi, DR. Marie; Tiger has recently started using the bath tub for his litter box,... (62966 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (19940 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (9910 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in maltese puppy. Good evening, I had a question for you regarding my puppy. She is almost 12... (9081 views)

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (8610 views)