Peeing in the house.

Breed: Balinese
We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have a new cat which they do get on and play but cant work out why he is doing this please help

Regards Trev

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

The first thing I would recommend doing is to have your vet examine a urine sample form Storm to determine if there is a medical reason for his urinating. If a cat has crystals in the urine or inflammation in the bladder this can cause this bad behavior.

Next, is he neutered? If not, neutering him is likely to cure the problem.

If his urine tests are clear then this is likely a behavioral problem. There are several things you can do to help if it is behavioral:

-add one or more extra litter boxes.
-offer different types of litter.
-experiment with covered vs non covered boxes.
-try placing litter boxes in the rooms where he likes to pee.
-consider letting him go outside.
-talk to your vet about behavioral modification medication such as amitriptyline or clomicalm.

I know this is a frustrating problem. I hope it is resolved soon!

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (13416 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (46625 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (7370 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (91797 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (11665 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (18965 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (10604 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (139821 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (24742 views)

Supraglan for Cushing's? My dog was recently diagnosed with Cushing's disease. He has been drinking a lot of... (19018 views)