Peeing in the house.

Breed: Balinese
We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have a new cat which they do get on and play but cant work out why he is doing this please help

Regards Trev

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

The first thing I would recommend doing is to have your vet examine a urine sample form Storm to determine if there is a medical reason for his urinating. If a cat has crystals in the urine or inflammation in the bladder this can cause this bad behavior.

Next, is he neutered? If not, neutering him is likely to cure the problem.

If his urine tests are clear then this is likely a behavioral problem. There are several things you can do to help if it is behavioral:

-add one or more extra litter boxes.
-offer different types of litter.
-experiment with covered vs non covered boxes.
-try placing litter boxes in the rooms where he likes to pee.
-consider letting him go outside.
-talk to your vet about behavioral modification medication such as amitriptyline or clomicalm.

I know this is a frustrating problem. I hope it is resolved soon!

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (89712 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (15065 views)

Dog coughing. We let our dog do her business in the backyard. However, we are currently in the... (43243 views)

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (88948 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (50797 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (20013 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (24916 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (103624 views)

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (5395 views)

Handling newborn kittens. Hello, My cat has recently had kittens. I think they are a day old. She had... (8162 views)