Peeing in the house.

Breed: Balinese
We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have a new cat which they do get on and play but cant work out why he is doing this please help

Regards Trev

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

The first thing I would recommend doing is to have your vet examine a urine sample form Storm to determine if there is a medical reason for his urinating. If a cat has crystals in the urine or inflammation in the bladder this can cause this bad behavior.

Next, is he neutered? If not, neutering him is likely to cure the problem.

If his urine tests are clear then this is likely a behavioral problem. There are several things you can do to help if it is behavioral:

-add one or more extra litter boxes.
-offer different types of litter.
-experiment with covered vs non covered boxes.
-try placing litter boxes in the rooms where he likes to pee.
-consider letting him go outside.
-talk to your vet about behavioral modification medication such as amitriptyline or clomicalm.

I know this is a frustrating problem. I hope it is resolved soon!

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (54455 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (73393 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (35706 views)

Dog losing chunks of fur. My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns... (9195 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (6468 views)

Puppy died suddenly. I came home after being gone for 3 hours. We have baby Pomeranians 6 weeks old. They... (17990 views)

Hair loss at base of tail. My cat has been pulling her fur out near the base of her tail,leaving swollen bald... (13683 views)

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (10128 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (25599 views)

Bald spot on cat's tail. By accident my Ricky has a blad spot on his tail & i sure hope that it grows back?... (5135 views)