Peeing in the house.

Breed: Balinese
We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have a new cat which they do get on and play but cant work out why he is doing this please help

Regards Trev

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

The first thing I would recommend doing is to have your vet examine a urine sample form Storm to determine if there is a medical reason for his urinating. If a cat has crystals in the urine or inflammation in the bladder this can cause this bad behavior.

Next, is he neutered? If not, neutering him is likely to cure the problem.

If his urine tests are clear then this is likely a behavioral problem. There are several things you can do to help if it is behavioral:

-add one or more extra litter boxes.
-offer different types of litter.
-experiment with covered vs non covered boxes.
-try placing litter boxes in the rooms where he likes to pee.
-consider letting him go outside.
-talk to your vet about behavioral modification medication such as amitriptyline or clomicalm.

I know this is a frustrating problem. I hope it is resolved soon!

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (10154 views)

Rimadyl and liver problems. Hi Dr. Marie Last night my dog sustained some type of injury to himself while... (7063 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (15862 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (13054 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (4621 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6082 views)

Mast cell tumors on penis. I have a healthy 11 yr old Chihuahua named Tyson who has mitotic cancer/mast cell... (14452 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (9547 views)

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (14816 views)

Severe arthritis. Hi Dr. Marie, My sweet Murphys is displaying weakness in hind legs, (they... (6097 views)