Peeing in the house.

Breed: Balinese
We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have a new cat which they do get on and play but cant work out why he is doing this please help

Regards Trev

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

The first thing I would recommend doing is to have your vet examine a urine sample form Storm to determine if there is a medical reason for his urinating. If a cat has crystals in the urine or inflammation in the bladder this can cause this bad behavior.

Next, is he neutered? If not, neutering him is likely to cure the problem.

If his urine tests are clear then this is likely a behavioral problem. There are several things you can do to help if it is behavioral:

-add one or more extra litter boxes.
-offer different types of litter.
-experiment with covered vs non covered boxes.
-try placing litter boxes in the rooms where he likes to pee.
-consider letting him go outside.
-talk to your vet about behavioral modification medication such as amitriptyline or clomicalm.

I know this is a frustrating problem. I hope it is resolved soon!

Full anal glands. full anal... (6472 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (8873 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (5669 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (38285 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (65204 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (9231 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (11489 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (17562 views)

Swollen hip in Golden. We inherited him from my father-in-law 2 years ago, he was very much over weight so... (4726 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (10132 views)