Peeing in the house.

Breed: Balinese
We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have a new cat which they do get on and play but cant work out why he is doing this please help

Regards Trev

This is definitely a frustrating problem!

The first thing I would recommend doing is to have your vet examine a urine sample form Storm to determine if there is a medical reason for his urinating. If a cat has crystals in the urine or inflammation in the bladder this can cause this bad behavior.

Next, is he neutered? If not, neutering him is likely to cure the problem.

If his urine tests are clear then this is likely a behavioral problem. There are several things you can do to help if it is behavioral:

-add one or more extra litter boxes.
-offer different types of litter.
-experiment with covered vs non covered boxes.
-try placing litter boxes in the rooms where he likes to pee.
-consider letting him go outside.
-talk to your vet about behavioral modification medication such as amitriptyline or clomicalm.

I know this is a frustrating problem. I hope it is resolved soon!

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (17964 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (8361 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (19808 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (11382 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (8275 views)

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (9168 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (69742 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (15050 views)

Blood in puppy's poo. Hi Dr Marie. We have just bought an adorable little puppy from a farmer. Since we... (6286 views)

Metronidazole side effects? My Dog had a surgery Dec 9. The Doctor removed a tumor from his small intestine. He... (14991 views)